Subject: Air Assault and its "No-fly zone" rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ste.
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,
i am a bit confused about rule of flight path of Air Assault (Airplane).

Maybe i did not understand well but i fear that this rule could generate a sort of "No-fly zone" :

according to the rule, a 1d6 roll determines map board entry side: 1 for North, 2 for East..etc etc with 5 and 6 at player choice...
and, if i am not wrong, Airplane path MUST be a straight line with airplane flight "facing" hex side and not hex spine...

well...let's consider the following example (you should have the map with You to better understand):
during the game a double roll triggers my A-10 airplane entry and a die roll of 4 determines the West side of the map.
If You can see the map, you can observe that the Map West side Hexes allow only diagonal Air Assault path (relating to printed Compass, a diagonal path with North-East or South-East bearing).

Well...in this situation, A-10 will never be able to attack enemy units in the triangle "T11 - AJ3 - AJ19".
For any Air Assault starting from the map West side, triangle "T11 - AJ3 - AJ19" will be always a "No-Fligth" zone...Airplane path will not be able to cross any of its hexes (and it is a large zone of the map)!surprise

Is it correct or have i misunderstood rule?

Thank for Your help

I take the opportunity to wish any of You a merry Christmas and an happy new year

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ste.
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SJBenoist wrote:
Hello Stefano, how have you been?

I see what you see, and you are correct.

When the entry roll is "2" or "4" there will be a triangle in the West or East that can not be targeted on the HotG Map.

Hi SJ,
past days i have been a bit ill but now i am better...thank you
I saw the news about future LnL modules (HotP, H&P and "In Defeat, Defiance") and it has been the best medicine i could have taken to heal myself

As far as concern "No-fly Zone", i think that Air Assault should have one elegible target at least otherwise die should be re-rolled again (i can not image A-10 come out in battlefield and move on without firing a single shot

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ste.
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SJBenoist wrote:
Sounds good to me.

Whoopss...Your reply is faster than light!!!

Here in Italy is early morning but i suppose that is midnight with you...so i wish you goodnight and i begin my boring job

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.