Nate Downs
United States
Granville
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was under the impression that a reprint was going to happen at some time over the next couple years, but I just saw Spitfire's auction on ebay that says Duel of Ages is now OOP for good:

"Duel of Ages now permanently out of print, and the final 12 full series will be sold on EBay."

Any thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Gadgaard
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The reprint that you are under the impression is going to happen would be Duel of Ages 2. I would expect a redevelopment with many improvements rather than a straight up reprint.

(a few edits, sorry)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mesich
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Horta chortles.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DenGad wrote:
The reprint that you are under the impression is going to happen would be Duel of Ages 2. I would expect a redevelopment with many improvements rather than a straight up reprint.

That bit there terrifies me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wanda Davies
United States
Olympia
Washington (WA)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
DenGad wrote:

DenGad is correct, at least according to my research on the topic. There is a sequel in the works, that is, a new game. I don't believe there are plans to ever reprint the original. I've seen some artwork for the sequel- can't recall where. As to when it'll come out, I believe that would be difficult to predict. Venatic does not rush itself. They'll put the game out when they're ready.
Side-note, there was going to be an RPG that was to focus on the larger world (in which DoA is something akin to a sporting event). Once upon a time, it was going to be Venatic's next release but DoA 2 seems to be what they're going for instead (which probably makes better business sense.)
If you're trying to decide whether to wait for the sequel or attempt to get DoA second hand, I'd go with the latter. There is no telling when the sequel will come and DoA is an AMAZEing game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Gadgaard
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mmesich wrote:
DenGad wrote:

That bit there terrifies me.

It's not that I feel that anything in DoA needs to be improved for it to be a great game, but I'm confident that Brett will come up with some very cool new stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.