GB: 21/others (Cav, 1-4s etc)
Ru: 58/2-3-4, 48/others
Ro: 5/1-2-4

July – Sep 1917
Events:
CP: Stosstruppen, Zimmermann / Stosstruppen, Tu Determ / Enver Off, NE Air
All: Ne + Allenby / Convoy, Pal. Bomb / Lawrence, Fonck

East/Romania:
The Bolshevik revolution comes just in time for the CP. They isolate Riga, take Kowel, Lutsk, Tarnopol, Galatz and in Sep Jassy. CP continue advance towards Kiev and Odessa.

L: Ger: 5, AH 4, Ru 40, Bul: 1

Greece/Albania
AH attack Greek mountain position, in Aug all Greek units are destroyed and possible entry hexes under Bul/AH control. AH attack It in Valona in Aug, heavy losses for It. In Sep AH attack Scutari, but attack fails

L: AH 2, Bul: 2 Montenegro 1, Gre: 3, It 4

West:
July Stosstruppen attack rough north of Nancy and retake the hex. GB Mine attack against St Quentin (dr 1) fails. In Aug they take, with Mustard rough northeast of Toul. In Sep OHL successful attack on Nancy (die roll6), Nancy falls into their hands and the hex east of it. F CA takes hex east of Nancy

L: Ger 20, F:22, GB 9

Italy
Italiens continue their attacks against Tolmino, but are out of luck

It 6, AH 0

Iraq:
GB advance towards Samedj and Khan Bagdad and take both cities. As there is only 1 Tu Div to oppose them there was no fighting.

Egypt:
GB continue to attack the hex next to Gaza, defended by 6 Tu Div, heavy losses on both sides

Cauc:
Tu continues advance, take Tabriz, Eriwan, Alexandropol, Poti. Enver attack at 1-2 odds north of Poti, dr 6, Turks are lucky. Remaining Ru units retreat to Baku

Losses NE: Tu 15, RU: 9, GB 12,

Strat Turn N:
VP level 15
Riga fortress survives
Tur Res: 5
Ger spends 7 RP for Stosstruppen 2
US-entry

unbuilt:
Ger: 1/3-4-4, 4/3-4, 14/2-3-4, 48/others
AH: 9/1-2-3, 7 RPs Res
TU: 24/2-4
F: 2/3-4, 5/2-3-4, 32/others,
GB: 1/5-4, 20/others (Cav, 1-4s etc)
Ru: stopped taking notes…

October- December
No event drawing,
Weather fair in Oktober (west)

East:
AH/Ger take Rowno and Berdichev (Dec), now 2 hexes away from Kiev. Isolate Odessa.

Balkans:
AH take Scuteri. Attack on Valona fails (dr 1). Italy continues to send units to Valona to replace losses with sea movement.

L: AH 3, Bul: 4, It 8, MN 2

West:
4 Kaiserschlacht attacks in Oct, one of them OHL on Verdun. Ger tke Verdun. F Ca at Nancy, and destroy 4 Stosstruppen in Okt, 3 in Nov/Dec. Successful GB Tank attack no/we of Rethel destroying further ST.

L: Ger: 21, F: 21, GB 9

Iraq:
GB take Mosul and attack Tu position (4 Div) north of it in Dec, fail to destroy all of them.

Egypt:
GB attacks Tu positions, destroy many Tu Div but still fail to take Hex 3013 next to Gaza. 3 Ger Div (1 ST) arrive in Gaza.

Cauc
Tu race towards Baku, attack in Nov/dec at 5-1 odds but roll a 1. Tu must pray that the Army of Islam event is not drawn next turn…

L NE: TU 8, GB 3, Ru 2

Strat Turn O:
VP level 16
Odessa fortress survives, Riga surrenders
Tur Res: 6
Red Army 6
Ger ERPs 7, transfer 6 to Tu
Ger spends 7 RP for Stosstruppen 2
US-entry

unbuilt:
Ger: 20/2-3-4, 49/others
AH: 9/1-2-3, 10 RPs Res
TU: 24/2-4
F: 6/3-4, 10/2-3-4, 33/others,
GB: 2/3-4, 27/others (Cav, 1-4s etc)
Ru: stopped taking notes…

January-March 1918
Events:
CP: Paris Gun, Bruchmüller / 1-4 tank, Anti Tank
All: Ger looting, AF / Ger Looting, Arab No Army

Bad luck, no Army of Islam. No Tu surrender in sight and Baku counts as a VP city. And the Paris Gun…

East/Albania:
CP attack Odessa and Kiev on a 3-1 assault and take both cities in March. AH attack on Valona fails to destroy all Italians.

L: It 8, AH 7, Ger 1

West:
Ger attack Belg units in Antwerp and take it in March.
Ger attack F and Br positions all along the frontline. They retreat from the Rethel area into a prepared defense line near Mezieres (DZ counters).
F and GB attack near Nancy and St Quentin but fail to take the hex. Fonck shot down.

L: Ger 17, F: 16, GB 8, Belg 6

Italy
---

Iraq:
Tu places 5 Div in hex 1036, GB places 3 Div each on bothe adjacent Hexes with 7 Def. Both sides do nothing for the remainder of the game.

Egypt:
GB attacks Tu positions, destroy many Tu Div but still fail to take Hex 3013.
Ger Divs and Tu Cav destroy ANA in Junction Station

Cauc:
Tu take Baku

Strat Turn P
Victory Point Level: 22
CP Victory !!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Festus Kira
Tanzania
Dar Es Salaam
Tansania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played this game for 6-7 times, all solitaire. This is the first time CP have won. So what went wrong?
The U-boot die rolls played a role, for sure. In most games Us entry was in game turn M or earlier. The Russians did not play well, as they had their revolution in March 17 as ist historically happened. The Salonika event was not a good idea, it freed the 10 Tu Div and as the CP reacted swiftly, it was dooemd for failure.

The CP waited with the change of initiative for a very long time, maybe the Russians have to sacrifice themselves to avoid that? I placed a lot of Ger Rpl in the West, let them attack there and then SRed them to the east. Which worked well, it took the Entente a longer time to get back to strength and start hammering ze Germans with offensives (the "system" event was drawn very late), and then the Ger retreated into defensive postions well prepared (Hindenburg, DZ-Counters).

I like the game very much, as it turne out different every time. There should be a change of the event rules (i.e andted offensives) but all in all a game worthwhile playing.
I have experienced the problems the others made in the first game I Played, Germans being crucified in 1916 on th western front, I ha´ve since changed the CP strategy and I think that CP can win!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.