Subject: Radio Scrambling and Cherokee Bill clarification rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Trynant

Charleston
South Carolina
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When I was playing Scenario 6: Traitors, I came across a situation that I wasn't sure how to resolve.

During Initiative you place radio scrambling tokens on all Salemite characters, including Cherokee Bill. When activating Cherokee Bill to join NORAD, does the Radio Scrambling still apply or do you ignore its effect? Do you even reveal the token if Cherokee is joining NORAD?

The rules as far as I can tell do not clarify this, but with the way the wording for Scrambling works it seems like you do apply the scrambling effects to Bill. Is this the case?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Sinodinos
Canada
Laval
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Once Cherokee Bill joins the Norad Faction the Scrambling Token is removed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
.almost sure that radio-scramble works on enemy characters only.. (I think it's one of the first definitions on RS)
I wouldn't reveal the token 'publicly' just discard it without revealing it, that information still may have some 'value' ;)
(and same regarding Franck..)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom H
Australia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The OP had it right to begin with. The RS (Radio Scrambling) token stays for full effect on a turn-coat traitor. I've re-read the RS rules twice over and there's no rule allowing you to discard a traitor's RS token.

There is this "If the NORAD player switches ON a Radio Scrambler, it will scramble the Salemite player's frequencies." (p 26) But to me this is just describing the rough framework for the involved and confuseable RS rules. The rules go on in minute and structured detail describing every step of using RS. They don't give an exception for traitors and they function fine as written.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
Style Over Substance
badge
"In loving memory of Mariel."
mb
After getting Bill, I'd switch the radio scrambler off (removing all tokens), then switch it on again. Just becuase Bill's playing for the home team doesn't mean he knows the secret handshake (or NORAD frequncies) (^_-) I also vote that it stays on until removed properly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Sinodinos
Canada
Laval
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Terah wrote:
The OP had it right to begin with. The RS (Radio Scrambling) token stays for full effect on a turn-coat traitor. I've re-read the RS rules twice over and there's no rule allowing you to discard a traitor's RS token.

There is this "If the NORAD player switches ON a Radio Scrambler, it will scramble the Salemite player's frequencies." (p 26) But to me this is just describing the rough framework for the involved and confuseable RS rules. The rules go on in minute and structured detail describing every step of using RS. They don't give an exception for traitors and they function fine as written.

The rules are clear "...when switched on; the Radio Scrambler will scramble the Salemite's frequencies..."
Therefore if Cherokee Bill turns coat; he is no longer a "Salemite". And if he's no longer a Salemite; it means that his frequency is no longer scrambled.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually it says 'Salemite player's' frequencies...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Sinodinos
Canada
Laval
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
True, but regardless, the effect remains the same -once Cherokee Bill becomes part of the Norad; his radio frequency is no longer scrambled.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.