Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Kling
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am surprised that this game does not garner more interest. It is very playable. Perhaps since it is out of print for so long or could use a graphics upgrade. I would have like to see some more map options and in fact, made my own expanded map to include Spain, Scandinavia, Turkey, the Mideast, Egpyt and a couple more areas in Russia. A lot of interesting concepts and a pretty quick and simple game. The rules could use a better organization but they are only 3 and 1/2 pages.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Meints
United States
Waterloo
Iowa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Steve

Lets get ththose map extensions posted

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Kling
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Kim. Your always egging us on ! Still messing with it and a companion Pacific map plus counters. Counters are pretty much done though the Pacific map is in very early stages - still messing with area values and how many areas and convey circles. I have come to appreciate how much the original designer packed into this game that is not readily apparent from a first look. I really would like to redo the rules and incorporate some of the suggestions here on BGG plus a few of my own, in a more easy to follow format.

I try to post the most recent version of the Europe map in the next couple of weeks - still sorting through some concepts from the added areas and my desire to have an option to have a 1939 start.I keep switching from a common color for areas (like the original version) to starting areas being in a unique color for each player country (matching their side's counter colors) with the others in biege, and finally decided on this latter approach. Where is Tim Allen when I need him!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TheBeast TheBeast
msg tools
My copy of this game arrived today and I gave the rules a quick look through. My initial impression was yuck soblue, these rules are not as easy to grasp as I had hoped. A sample turn would be nice. A detailed Turn Sequence would be nice. The convoy/naval combat/Kriegsmarine part is wormishly complex. Although there are only three pages of rules, they are tightly packed pages. They're not light and fluffy rules pages.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Kling
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Agree that the rules are not organized well. Grognards has an errata section here on the forum which is helpful. Also look in the files for some tournament rules clarifications. It would be nice to have a clean set of rules since I think there is a very good game here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Kling
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Posted some examples of the current version of the counters I have been working up. Map is still a work in progress but about 90% complete. Comments welcome and if there is interest, I can post more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Dolan
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I always thought there was a good game here in the vein of War at Sea except on land. There were some corners cut in my opinion. It would have been nice to have a map of all of Europe, a 1939 start. Some more events or have cards for events,etc. Heck, I would live a Global War variant!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Regulski
United Kingdom
LEEDS
ENGLAND
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Arnie wrote:
Posted some examples of the current version of the counters I have been working up. Map is still a work in progress but about 90% complete. Comments welcome and if there is interest, I can post more.

How is the map progressing ? I am planning a map myself { although i have virtually " zero " computer skills } >> to add Norway { value 1 - starts with 3 ? german troop { extra's needed }; Finland; Barents sea [ for the allied armour to Russia circle - the Baltic sea will be just for the Germans...:0) ]. " AFRICA " will now be split into 3 >> algeria-tunisia { value 0, defended by 2 neutral VFrance troop, access via Med. or Atlantic }; libya - egypt {value 1, same armour circles as the original, access via Med. or Indian ocean }; middle east { fixed value of 2, access via Indian ocean } areas...plus some adjustments...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.