Popular Tags: [View All]
Jamey Philipp
United States
Muskego
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So we played with a full compliment of players. Everyone pretty much agreed that the game was fun, quirky, and entertaining it was also too long for what is was.

It seemed there was battles going on for players to suspect each other and then right away cover their tracks. This made the game seem like it dragged on for ever. Just when someone was close to getting 10 cubes on the board his turn would come around again and he would be able to remove a bunch.

It seemed someone needs to be ganged up to get this to end with a full compliment of players. Or we just were not that good at it - it is a game that is a bit whimsical so I admit not everyone was listening carefully to where things were falling, but later in the game there are so many cubes in the tower that didn't matter much.

Any thought on how to shorten the game successfuly without chaging the dynamics?

The options are that vary from the established rules are:

1. Removing a number of cubes from each players supply (running out of cubes was what triggered our game end)

2. Playing until less cubes of a player's color are on the suspect board

Options that change the nature of the rules are:

1. Playing until a total number of any player's cubes are on the board

2. Playing a set number of turns

So this isn't meant to be to critical, it just seems there is a point to where the game almost breaks here, under whatever circumstances our first game was played under. The game is great fun minus this thingy.

Thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Harris
United States
Oshkosh
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My thought is that is is broken and no fun, and you should give me your copy right away. Let's get those broken games out of your collection. (You can drop off Rallyman too!)whistle whistle whistle

I agree that it felt about ten minutes longer than it should have. Maybe with six players, it just crams enough cubes in the tower to make it harder to get the game to a finished state. But since I WON that time, I'm good with it ending that way. (Again though, if the stars didn't align just right, it could have lasted even longer)

The length for us came in because it seemed like no one wanted to accuse others if they could cover their tracks instead. Those that did the most accusing, ended up with the most cubes on the score sheet (never clearing their own) and the people who concentrated on clearing their cubes were the top scorers. (Including me. I never accused in the game, and I won with zero cubes on the track since all I did was cover my tracks.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Philipp
United States
Muskego
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It only ended because I king-made you, so it could end, dude

I was in the running for the win with only 2 cubes on the board but if I didn't accuse Todd he never would have ran out of cubes the turn after yours.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Harris
United States
Oshkosh
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree...and that's the problem I find with the game. With six players at least, it took a distinct effort to try and force the end game with the rules as written.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
Sometimes you have to roll the hard six.
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
The game works just fine. Optimal with 4 people, IMO. Those variants would significantly affect the gameplay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.