Popular Tags: [View All]
Craig Truesdell
United States
Uniontown
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just saw the Hobbit trailer. Can't wait...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wiedewiet
Netherlands
Tilburg
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
Training field technicians at trade school level
badge
“The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it."
mbmbmbmbmb
Here it is:

EDIT: original link went dead, so I linked to a new version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith W
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, THAT one! I thought he meant this one
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Some dude
Netherlands
Groningen
There dismay took them, for at the gate was a guard of whom no tidings had yet gone forth.
flag msg tools
Swiftly the wolf grew, until he could creep into no den, but lay huge and hungry before the feet of Morgoth. There the fire and anguish of hell entered into him, and he became filled with a devouring spirit, tormented, terrible, and strong.
badge
Then swiftly all his inwards were filled with a flame of anguish, and the Silmaril seared his accursed flesh. Howling he led before them, and the walls of the valley of the Gate echoes with the clamour of his torment.
mbmbmbmbmb
Whoa, I didn't know there was a trailer already! How did i miss that?
I love the movie already!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: the real one:
Awesome! Thanks for sharing the link.
I can't wait.
I already know what I will do for the gala opening-week festival: a LOTR extended edition back-to-back-to-back screening, a Middle-Earth-dinner of Mushroom Soup from the Inn at Bree and Farmer Maggot Cottage Pie, and some LOTR-The-Confrontation games thrown in.

Re: The Nimoy one.
That is truly horrible.
Why are they all hopping around with their arms that way? Are they confusing hobbits with rabbits?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Truesdell
United States
Uniontown
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I suggest we all see it the first day. Mayan calendar and all...

I will be interested in seeing how they portray Thranduil. He wasn't all that much different than the goblins (other than dietary considerations).

The dragon should look great.

Did I hear right they added Argalad (oops I mean Legolas) to the story in some way?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wiedewiet
Netherlands
Tilburg
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
“The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it."
mbmbmbmbmb
These videos are also absolutely worth watching:
EDIT: added #5
EDIT2: added #6, #7 and #8

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cavaliere
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes Craig, they've added Eleanor and Beravor too - just kidding.

I'm excited for this! I knew it was coming but had taken it off the radar thinking it was never going to actually come.

Thanks for sharing!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Truesdell
United States
Uniontown
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am also looking forward to seeing..(not sure if they will all show)

Giant talking eagles
Giant bees (hummerhorns!)
Giant talking spiders (crazy cobs!)
Werebear (and his helpers)
Goblins (not orcs, seen enough of them)
Dwarf Army, Elf Army, Goblin Army
Stone giants throwing rocks down the mountain side
Gandalf waiting to the last minute to save everyone with a cool spell

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They also added the White Council and their attack on Dol Guldur. Not sure if that will be in the first or second film though (Gandalf in that pit I think is him finding Thrain in Dol Guldur).

What we *didn't* see was anything in the second half of the book, i.e. the Woodelves, Lake Town, Smaug, etc. My guess is all that will be in the second movie and this movie will end right after the spiders (maybe right at the dwarf capture).

But definitely excited to watch the film!

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
shnar wrote:
They also added the White Council and their attack on Dol Guldur. Not sure if that will be in the first or second film though (Gandalf in that pit I think is him finding Thrain in Dol Guldur).

What we *didn't* see was anything in the second half of the book, i.e. the Woodelves, Lake Town, Smaug, etc. My guess is all that will be in the second movie and this movie will end right after the spiders (maybe right at the dwarf capture).

But definitely excited to watch the film!

-shnar

Either that or they haven't done the effects for that yet, it's still 12 months away.

I had read that the original plan was that the 1st movie would be everything that occurs in The Hobbit, and the 2nd movie would be between The Hobbit and Fellowship. Anyone know if that's changed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerald McDaniel
United States
Lakewood
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How can I possibly wait another 12 months to see this???!!!

I expect it will be as spectacular as the LotR trilogy.

I am showing my age when I say that I have not gotten excited about 3D movies in the past couple of years. I still recall seeing my first one in the 1950's and thinking that I would soon see all movies in 3D. Of course, that didn't happen.

I must go see more 3D films, so I can adjust to the experience before next December, because I want to thoroughly enjoy The Hobbit.

My grandson (14) just finished reading The Fellowship and immediately asked for the second and third parts of LotR, which we gave him for his birthday. He knows the story that he has seen in the films and from video games, but he says he learned a lot of new things by reading the first book. It is exciting to me to see him enjoying LotR as much as his dad and I do. He had already read The Hobbit.

I am thrilled to see Peter Jackson and many of the old cast and crew back to work on the Hobbit, and I'm also very pleased to see that the filming will again be well-documented by video, as were the other three films. What a fantastic thing to look forward to.

I really appreciate the posting of the trailer and video blogs. I would enjoy seeing any new ones also posted here, and I will subscribe to this thread especially for that purpose.

Thanks much!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asa Swain
United States
Queens
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnnyDollar wrote:
I had read that the original plan was that the 1st movie would be everything that occurs in The Hobbit, and the 2nd movie would be between The Hobbit and Fellowship. Anyone know if that's changed?

Yes, that plan was nixed a while ago. The Hobbit is now being divided into two movies. I suspect the breaking point will be sometime after the Dwarves escape from the Misty Mountains. By adding extra material into the story there's more than enough content to fill two movies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gamesgrandpa wrote:
I am thrilled to see Peter Jackson and many of the old cast and crew back to work on the Hobbit, and I'm also very pleased to see that the filming will again be well-documented by video, as were the other three films. What a fantastic thing to look forward to.

I think this is what excites me the most. There were plenty of issues with the LotR movies (both from an adaptation stance and even a movie stance), but they *looked* so gorgeous. Even if The Hobbit turns out to be a not so good movie, just having the same crew, giving it the same look & feel, is going to be so much fun to experience.

And of course, I'm hoping it will be a good movie too

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wiedewiet
Netherlands
Tilburg
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gamesgrandpa wrote:
I really appreciate the posting of the trailer and video blogs. I would enjoy seeing any new ones also posted here, and I will subscribe to this thread especially for that purpose.

Will try to keep this updated then
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My only nitpick so far is that I don't think Thorin looks very "dwarfish". He looks more like a "man".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Björn von Knorring
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
The picture is a swedish cartoon-figure Herman Hedning. English info here: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herman_Hedning
mbmbmbmbmb
SJBenoist wrote:
They are rewriting parts of the story though,

I wasn´t to happy with some of the changes PJ made with LOTR-movies. But I have no problem with either of the changes you´re mentioning. They all look pretty cool to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Some dude
Netherlands
Groningen
There dismay took them, for at the gate was a guard of whom no tidings had yet gone forth.
flag msg tools
Swiftly the wolf grew, until he could creep into no den, but lay huge and hungry before the feet of Morgoth. There the fire and anguish of hell entered into him, and he became filled with a devouring spirit, tormented, terrible, and strong.
badge
Then swiftly all his inwards were filled with a flame of anguish, and the Silmaril seared his accursed flesh. Howling he led before them, and the walls of the valley of the Gate echoes with the clamour of his torment.
mbmbmbmbmb
ctcharger wrote:
I suggest we all see it the first day. Mayan calendar and all...

I thought about that as well... Unfortunately, the movie will be 2 days too late.cry If i had to pick something to do on the last day, this would be it, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cavaliere
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnnyDollar wrote:
My only nitpick so far is that I don't think Thorin looks very "dwarfish". He looks more like a "man".

Agreed - some of the other dwarves in the trailer seemed more fitting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Truesdell
United States
Uniontown
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Split into 2 movies? Did not know that.. So no real dragon scenes until 2013? shake

White Council? the League of Nations Middle Earth style..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerald McDaniel
United States
Lakewood
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gamesgrandpa wrote:
How can I possibly wait another 12 months to see this???!!!

I expect it will be as spectacular as the LotR trilogy.

I am showing my age when I say that I have not gotten excited about 3D movies in the past couple of years. I still recall seeing my first one in the 1950's and thinking that I would soon see all movies in 3D. Of course, that didn't happen.

I must go see more 3D films, so I can adjust to the experience before next December, because I want to thoroughly enjoy The Hobbit.

My grandson (14) just finished reading The Fellowship and immediately asked for the second and third parts of LotR, which we gave him for his birthday. He knows the story that he has seen in the films and from video games, but he says he learned a lot of new things by reading the first book. It is exciting to me to see him enjoying LotR as much as his dad and I do. He had already read The Hobbit.

Thanks much!

I forgot to mention that the first part of The Hobbit will be released on my grandson's next birthday!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cavaliere
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gamesgrandpa wrote:

I forgot to mention that the first part of The Hobbit will be released on my grandson's next birthday!

However he will not be 'eleventy-one' - only 15 shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnnyDollar wrote:

I actually *really* like the dwarves, especially Thorin. 1) they were all varied. Often times in illustrations, the dwarves just meld together. I'm glad these ones seem distinctive. And 2) Thorin doesn't seem like a bumbling idiot like Gimli was, he seems like a King waiting to be, I like him.

Can't wait for this film

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wiedewiet
Netherlands
Tilburg
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
UPDATE - Hobbit Production Diary #5 has been out a while:

EDIT: Instead of posting it here in a new reply, I added video #5 to my previous post, keeping all Diary video's together in the same post
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wiedewiet
Netherlands
Tilburg
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
UPDATE: I added production diaries #6, #7 and #8 to the list above. #8 marks the end of shooting. From now on it's just post production. I can't wait until december!!

Also, this news just came out yesterday:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/07/30/the-hobbit-3-official...

After overviewing all their material Peter Jackson decided to go for three (!) movies instead of two for The Hobbit! Apparently there was enough story in the LotR Appendices, Lost Tales, etc. to merit an extra film. So yeay for another trilogy! Awesomeness!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.