Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Houser
United States
Bainbridge Island
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello. This is a fairly detailed (and dry!) write-up I did of the first round of my first game. I'd love it if anyone could point out any rules mistakes I've made. The game is certainly deeper strategically that I was expecting and there is a lot of keywords to deal with.

I'm playing a 16 Bit game with the Royal Paladin, Ember Mage and Claw Tribe Barbarian. After the first spawning phase this is the board position.

Ember Mage rolled 2R for initiative against the Dragon Priest with 1B1R and won.

Ember Mage activated and moved six spaces to set up her Magic attack from here.

She used her first action point to target a Flinger with no ARM and rolled her WILL of 2R and got a hit. The Flinger was removed and the Power Gauge and Lootometer moved up one. She used her second action to target a Knucklehead with 1 armor. She rolled 2R and got a potion and a blank so no damage is done and no potion is awarded. For her third and last action she targeted the Knucklehead again. This time she roll 3 and a potion so the Knucklehead is removed, the Power Gauge and Lootometer move up one again and she gets a potion.

Now the Consul gets to activate four skulls worth of monsters. First a Knucklehead is moved into melee with the Ember Mage. It then attacks using 3B and rolls 1 against the Ember Mage’s ARM of 3B and rolls 2 and 2 hearts which are disregarded while defending. No wounds result. With the second skull the Consul moves the other close Knucklehead into melee with the Ember Mage. Since there is another model with Mob in melee it gets +1B to its attack and rolls 4B rolling 5 against the ARM of 3B rolling 0. Ember Mage takes a wound and the Power Gauge moves up one. With the third skull the Consul moves a Flinger and Whelp toward the heroes.

The heroes now activate the Royal Paladin. He moves into melee with the two Knuckleheads as seen here.

With his first AP he does a melee attack on one Knucklehead with 3B rolling 0 and 1 heart against 1 ARM so no wound or heart. He does it again and rolls 1 so again no wound. With his third AP he activates his Iron Halo so all heroes within 3 spaces of him have +1B ARM until his next activation.

The Consul now moves the Dragon Priest but is still not in range to use its Magic 8 attack. No more models can be activated as there are no unactivated 1 skull models left.

The heroes now activate Claw Tribe Barbarian and he moves 5 spaces into melee with a Knucklehead. He uses his free Berserk attack rolling 2R and getting 0 and. E potion so no wound. He uses the first AP to attack again rolling 3 and a potion so the Knucklehead is removed, he gets a potion and the Power Guage and Lootometer move up. The Consel gets a skull token and the heroes draw a Rune of defense from the Loot Deck which the Barbarian equips (but any of the heroes could have or waited until the end of turn). The Barbarian now uses his last two movement to move into melee with the other Knucklehead and uses his second AP to attack rolling 2 so the Knucklehead is removed and the gauge and meter move up again. He passes his final AP.

The Consul now moves his last three models toward the heroes and the Activation Phase is done and nothing happens during the End Phase. The first Round is finished.

For Round 2 the Consul has a skull token so can spawn five skulls at each spawn point. Near the players three Knuckleheads, a Flinger and a Gouger spawn. On the next board two Ironscales and a Gouger spawn. And on the final board two Wyrmlings and a Gouger spawn. All the Consel’s monsters are on the board.

For the Initiative phase the Wyrmlings have a WILL of 3B and roll 3. Ember Mage has 2R and rolls 3. In a tie the Heroes have the initiative.

And that's where I ended up. Thanks for any feedback.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sochan

Rhode Island
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe that with the single Skull token, the Consul can use it at just one single spawn point so he would have 4 skulls at two spawning points and 5 skulls at one spawning point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mont A.
United States
Carbondale
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As someone who has been struggling with the rules and having difficulty imagining even how the game would progress, I found this enormously helpful. Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emil Vincent Alonzo
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tharkad wrote:
Hello. This is a fairly detailed (and dry!) write-up I did of the first round of my first game. I'd love it if anyone could point out any rules mistakes I've made. The game is certainly deeper strategically that I was expecting and there is a lot of keywords to deal with.

I'm playing a 16 Bit game with the Royal Paladin, Ember Mage and Claw Tribe Barbarian. After the first spawning phase this is the board position.

Ember Mage rolled 2R for initiative against the Dragon Priest with 1B1R and won.

Ember Mage activated and moved six spaces to set up her Magic attack from here.

She used her first action point to target a Flinger with no ARM and rolled her WILL of 2R and got a hit. The Flinger was removed and the Power Gauge and Lootometer moved up one. She used her second action to target a Knucklehead with 1 armor. She rolled 2R and got a potion and a blank so no damage is done and no potion is awarded. For her third and last action she targeted the Knucklehead again. This time she roll 3 and a potion so the Knucklehead is removed, the Power Gauge and Lootometer move up one again and she gets a potion.

Now the Consul gets to activate four skulls worth of monsters. First a Knucklehead is moved into melee with the Ember Mage. It then attacks using 3B and rolls 1 against the Ember Mage’s ARM of 3B and rolls 2 and 2 hearts which are disregarded while defending. No wounds result. With the second skull the Consul moves the other close Knucklehead into melee with the Ember Mage. Since there is another model with Mob in melee it gets +1B to its attack and rolls 4B rolling 5 against the ARM of 3B rolling 0. Ember Mage takes a wound and the Power Gauge moves up one. With the third skull the Consul moves a Flinger and Whelp toward the heroes.

The heroes now activate the Royal Paladin. He moves into melee with the two Knuckleheads as seen here.

With his first AP he does a melee attack on one Knucklehead with 3B rolling 0 and 1 heart against 1 ARM so no wound or heart. He does it again and rolls 1 so again no wound. With his third AP he activates his Iron Halo so all heroes within 3 spaces of him have +1B ARM until his next activation.

The Consul now moves the Dragon Priest but is still not in range to use its Magic 8 attack. No more models can be activated as there are no unactivated 1 skull models left.

The heroes now activate Claw Tribe Barbarian and he moves 5 spaces into melee with a Knucklehead. He uses his free Berserk attack rolling 2R and getting 0 and. E potion so no wound. He uses the first AP to attack again rolling 3 and a potion so the Knucklehead is removed, he gets a potion and the Power Guage and Lootometer move up. The Consel gets a skull token and the heroes draw a Rune of defense from the Loot Deck which the Barbarian equips (but any of the heroes could have or waited until the end of turn). The Barbarian now uses his last two movement to move into melee with the other Knucklehead and uses his second AP to attack rolling 2 so the Knucklehead is removed and the gauge and meter move up again. He passes his final AP.

The Consul now moves his last three models toward the heroes and the Activation Phase is done and nothing happens during the End Phase. The first Round is finished.

For Round 2 the Consul has a skull token so can spawn five skulls at each spawn point. Near the players three Knuckleheads, a Flinger and a Gouger spawn. On the next board two Ironscales and a Gouger spawn. And on the final board two Wyrmlings and a Gouger spawn. All the Consel’s monsters are on the board.

For the Initiative phase the Wyrmlings have a WILL of 3B and roll 3. Ember Mage has 2R and rolls 3. In a tie the Heroes have the initiative.

And that's where I ended up. Thanks for any feedback.

Thanks for sharing! I only got to do a quick read, but noticed 3 things.

The first was already mentioned: the skull token only gives you +1 skull total so only can be used at 1 spawn point once and is discarded. Just to add, dont forget too that if you don't use it the next round it is discarded too .

Secondly, I noticed there were no treasure chests on your tiles? Couldn't be certain because I'm looking at the pics on my phone, but there should be one chest per board.

Finally, don't forget that there is a limit to the amount of potions a model can carry. The Ember Mage can carry 2, but I think at one point the barbarian was carrying 2 which wouldnt work since she can only carry 1 and all the heroes start the game with 1 so don't forget to use those potions!

I think that's all I caught. Hope you'll share more!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kreuh -
msg tools
mbmb
On top of the three previously said things, I believe the hero statring point should be placed no more than 4 spaces from an entrance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.