Adam
United States
Carmel
Indiana
flag msg tools
Noom-noom-Numeron, send us food to chew-mer-on.
badge
Ed's chunk just spun in place, forever.
mbmbmbmbmb
Get this from here for four and a quarter six cents.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Crespo
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Lord Of The Rings LCG: A Journey To Rhosgobel - $4.27 at Amazon.com
ninja'd! ninja I bought it last night and was thinking about posting this sale.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Lord Of The Rings LCG: A Journey To Rhosgobel - $4.27 at Amazon.com
Purchased!
Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
So why is it just that one Adventure Pack that's so cheap? Was it overproduced? Or perhaps it just doesn't sell as well as the others?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
IMO, I think it's because this pack is a side quest of a side quest.

The packs center mostly around the hunt and capture of gollum, but this pack takes the players on a detour to save an injured eagle(?)

So it kind of takes you off course in a way.

It's probably just as enjoyable, but maybe some people are put off by that and therefore it isn't selling as well as others.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E D
United States
wilton
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cbs42 wrote:
So why is it just that one Adventure Pack that's so cheap? Was it overproduced? Or perhaps it just doesn't sell as well as the others?

its's not one ... although the lowest ... there have been 4 below $9 in last couple of weeks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
unveilmyeyes wrote:
cbs42 wrote:

its's not one ... although the lowest ... there have been 4 below $9 in last couple of weeks

My answer was Assuming cbs42 has been following the deals thread. The pack is still $2-$3 cheaper than any pack previously or otherwise

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E D
United States
wilton
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
your answer is really good explanation of what is in the pack ... i was under assumption user was somewhat new to bgg hot deals and hasnt seen the firesale of ffg products the last couple weeks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E D
United States
wilton
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
unveilmyeyes wrote:
your answer is really good explanation of what is in the pack ... i was under assumption user was somewhat new to bgg hot deals and hasnt seen the firesale of ffg products the last couple weeks as the other adventure packs are back to $10+ in comparison
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahh, ok. You're correct. I didn't realize there were other packs at reduced prices in the recent past as well. Crud, I wish I'd seen those. I'm new to this game so I would have snatched those up in a heartbeat.

Do me a favor though and tell me that the game isn't in trouble, sales-wise. Are these sales because the product isn't moving well? I'm not sure how much I want to invest in a troubled LCG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam
United States
Carmel
Indiana
flag msg tools
Noom-noom-Numeron, send us food to chew-mer-on.
badge
Ed's chunk just spun in place, forever.
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think the game is in trouble. The interest level, at least on BGG, seems to be pretty high. FFG must think it's doing fine too because they have a whole forthcoming cycle of expansions planned out already, plus a deluxe expansion.

However, I am worried that their Star Wars co-op LCG will butt heads with the LotR game, but I guess we'll see what happens. I find it hard to believe that customers will continue to invest in two very similarly styled games every month.

My guess is that one will slowly die out once they're both on the market. Hopefully, it'll be the Star Wars game because I'm already invested into LotR enough that I can't dig into Star Wars too. Also, I don't really care for Star Wars, thematically.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
aaron belmer
United States
Webster Groves
St Louis
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
$3.99!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.