Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kenyon Daniel
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Second adventure with this game.

The Doctor and his ally were split up due to evading the enemy. The Doctor was captured and the ally evaded getting away successfully. Now that the group is split up each sub-group gets their own action and event. That all seems clear to me.

The Doctor chose escape and was successful (yay sonic screwdriver).
The ally chose investigate and got doubles on the roll and a 5 total. I assume the doubles overrides the 5. The doubles directs me to e002 "Companion in Trouble". So how should this play out?

1. The ally is alone and it is not the first adventure therefore roll for enemy encounter. (Seems most likely to be the answer.)

2. The Doctor has an enemy event, and then roll on 1d6 to determine what happened to the ally. (Possible but seems kludgy as an answer.)

3. This event doesn't apply, because it was encountered by an ally and not the Doctor. (Doesn't seem likely that this is the answer.)

Thanks for any assistance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
simon cogan
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Number 1 is correct
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenyon Daniel
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Badger
England
London
Enfield
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thumbsup for 'kludgy'
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Z
Australia
Rockhampton
QLD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been playing this as rolling on e002 for that particular ally.

What if there had been two allies in the group?

Why was (2) an option, why is the Doctor going to have an enemy event?

If the Doctor is by themself in a group, but has an Ally/Companion on this adventure does this event become an enemy encounter?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Dean
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I apply the usual event effects if there are two or more allies together in a group where e002 comes up. It works well and leads to some interesting situations.

I think #2 was raised as an option merely because the text could be read as to imply that if the Doctor is alone in the adventure, it becomes an Enemy event. That would be, indeed, a bit of a kludge, and I think a rather unnecessary one.

I'd say that, if any group receiving this event, whether or not the Doctor is involved, it becomes an Enemy event if that group numbers just one individual and it isn't your first Adventure. Otherwise, pick somebody for trouble to strike and proceed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
simon cogan
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Psitticine wrote:
I apply the usual event effects if there are two or more allies together in a group where e002 comes up. It works well and leads to some interesting situations.

I think #2 was raised as an option merely because the text could be read as to imply that if the Doctor is alone in the adventure, it becomes an Enemy event. That would be, indeed, a bit of a kludge, and I think a rather unnecessary one.

I'd say that, if any group receiving this event, whether or not the Doctor is involved, it becomes an Enemy event if that group numbers just one individual and it isn't your first Adventure. Otherwise, pick somebody for trouble to strike and proceed.

Yes, I'd go with this.

The problem with paragraph games like this, with limited space, is that not all eventualities can be covered in a black-and-white answer or rule.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Z
Australia
Rockhampton
QLD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dragoncymru wrote:
Psitticine wrote:

Yes, I'd go with this.

The problem with paragraph games like this, with limited space, is that not all eventualities can be covered in a black-and-white answer or rule.

If e002 can not affect Ally/Companions by themselves why does it read:

e002a. Separated
You have become separated from your Companion or Ally. If they are already separated, then see e035.

If they are already separated, this should be an enemy event (because they are by themselves). There is absolutely no need for the clause refering to e035.

This is why I have always assumed if it is rolled by an ally by themselves it just applies to them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.