Malaysia
Kota Kinabalu
Sabah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This thread is to announce new game created and posted on Experimental Playground's blog.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robertson Sondoh Jr
Malaysia
Kota Kinabalu
Sabah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Giant Battle
Giant Battle (2011)

In this age of power and greed, every faction in the world are battling it out to find out who is better king among all kings. Giant Battle is a 2 player game. In the game each player controls a faction which you used to kill leader of opposing faction to win the game. You need 3 six sided dice and a cutting tool to play the game.

You will control either a dwarf clan or the orcs battling each other on a 5x5 board. Each turn player have 2 moves and 2 actions at their disposal. Some unit have special ability triggers by just be adjacent with their leader. Some unit have the ability to attack from afar and have the healing ability. Both player will try to eliminate opposing leader to win the game.

We wanted to make a two player war/battle/chess game which fits in an A4 paper. At first we wanted a chess variant along the way we came up with Giant Battle. I really wanted to called it 'Mini Battle' but Jason was really against it hence Giant Battle. The game mechanic is inspired by Summoner's war. The cover is actually a copy of the Make You Fortress game (because I love Adventure Planning Service/Bouken!)

I would really like if there is someone out there make an expansion of it!

Note: up until now I cannot upload the files in bgg, whenever I do it, it says there invalid password

You may download the game below
http://experimentalplayground.blogspot.com/2011/11/giant-bat...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robertson Sondoh Jr
Malaysia
Kota Kinabalu
Sabah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Horde of the Dead version 2
Horde of the Dead version 2 (2011)

You are Giraffe the hero of this game and you arrived in a small inn. Suddenly during the night something was attacking the inn. It’s a horde of ZOMBIE WARRIORS!!!. Nobody survive except you and the inn keeper’s daughter, Mari-chan. Survive the game until the timeline finishes.

Back in 2010, I've made a game where I wanted a horde of zombie attacks a house (cliche but I like it)which is actually inspired by a situation in a Fighting Fantasy book I think it was Dead of Night where your hero goes stays an inn and was attack by a horde of skeleton, I really like the minigame in the book but dislike battle system, so worked on a game and I would really think that would be a nice minigame series. Back then my philosophy to make a diceless combat which really confuses everyone (including me).

2011, I wanted to make another version of it based on the experience I had making other minigames. This time around the combat uses dice. Reward system is changed and called the combo gold. The heroes now share their hit points and action points. The zombie is now a zombie warrior, they will attack the house if there is no hero present in the room they occupied.

You may download the game below
http://experimentalplayground.blogspot.com/2011/12/horde-of-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robertson Sondoh Jr
Malaysia
Kota Kinabalu
Sabah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Emergency Earth
Emergency Earth (2011)

Earth was attacked before by aliens but never this big. Citizen of earth now depends on your team, the one and only Earth Defense Force (EDF), the one who saves earth an hour ago from zombie attack to once again defend earth from danger. Emergency Earth is a solo game in which you took in charge to defend earth from danger.

This is a quick game trying to emulate the tower of defense genre. In this game you control a group of army (actually just the tank or bazooka whichever you prefer) trying to stop invading alien from destroying you and conquer the world. Each turn one alien will emerges from their mother ship. Depending on different alien some will allows other alien to follow them from behind hence more destroying power. Each turn player will try to get more funding or try to blast the alien. Fund will give more action, reroll and so on.

I actually asked my brother to make a tokenless minigame but it seems that he (including me) are so in love with token (and stats!). Due to this most of our game since Escape of the Dead Minigame usually comes with token and dice! As I remember when we started Experimental Playground we used to make dicelss minigame somewhere along the way dice have become our favourites plus it helps to reduce the amount of token build. Anyway hope you have fun playing the game

Download the game below
http://experimentalplayground.blogspot.com/2011/12/earth-was...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sondoh
Malaysia
Kota Kinabalu
Sabah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

In the 80’s, Tendino, a game company, created revolutionery game console called Tendino Entertainment System (TES). Your company 8-Bit Inc. is one of the many company trying to make the best game for the system and compete them in the Game Prix Award (GPA).

Designer's note: Since we saw and played the Game Dev Story we really wanted to make a boardgame that makes game. After month and months of forming ideas, creating prototype, testing, finally we've made a similar simulation but not as details as Game Dev Story hence the title 8-Bit Inc. because you are a manager of 8-Bit Inc. and you create a game just for the Tendino Entertainment System (TES). On the last playtesting we added the Game Prix Award so you would have a goal in the game.

Download the game below
http://experimentalplayground.blogspot.com/2012/01/8-bit-inc...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robertson Sondoh Jr
Malaysia
Kota Kinabalu
Sabah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh My Lair! (2012)

You are a dungeon lord and you are drinking your favourite cavern coffee when suddenly your spy informs you that a hero wants to slay you. It’s that time of the year where heroes will come out and try to destroy you and your lair. Prepare for the attack!

Oh My Lair is a solo game where you control your minion to conquer region, collect resources to summon creatures, and defeat the hero before he reaches you.

Designer Note: This game is inspired by What Did I Do To Deserve This, My Lord? a game for the psp. Although it is simplified to the point of doesn't resemble the inspired game at all. Game mechanic wise was taken from Stone Age (A really really nice dice allocation game). In fact most of our game uses this mechanic, almost all of them.

Download the game below
http://experimentalplayground.blogspot.com/2012/06/oh-my-lai...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robertson Sondoh Jr
Malaysia
Kota Kinabalu
Sabah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Planet Run
Planet Run (2013)

You are Captain Xavier Mertz pilot of the ship Yamato. One day while cruising your ship was hit by asteroids and you landed on Planet Run. You need to find the resources to fix your ship while trying to survive from dying of hunger!

Planet Run is a solo worker placement game where you becomes an astronaut exploring the planet to find resources to fix your ship. You need to survive by hunting for food. Food you eat will determine how much energy dice you will get on the next turn. You may construct gadget to help you in your task. On turn 15, you must launch your ship!

Designer note: We were trying to emulate the game Terraria with a lot of scenario based game but somehow like the usual it got simplified. We change the theme because building castle isn't really as fun as fixing the ship and fly!

Download the game below
http://experimentalplayground.blogspot.com/2013/02/planet-ru...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robertson Sondoh Jr
Malaysia
Kota Kinabalu
Sabah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mutants and Machine-guns (2013)

Long ago, a terrible wars swept the civilized world, leaving vast wastelands. The genes of the earth's animals and plants were altered, until strange, new creatures arose - creatures of awesome power and fierceness and often great intelligence.

You have lived all your years among such creatures and among the strange artifacts - inexplicable, often dangerous- of the Ancients who created this now devastated civilization whose ruins you live among the world of Mutants & Machine-guns!

Designer's Note: This is Experimental Playground's first RPG so it will be different from the other product we produce, it is NOT a board game.

I have always wanted to make an RPG and I have always like post-apocalyptic game, so with a game mechanic and a basic idea I pitched this game to Daniel Marcus one of the contributor of Experimental Playground and developed Mage, Mutants and Machine-guns but changed to just Mutants and Machine-guns because it is hard to create rules for magic (psionic and magic are the same?). During the course I read a lot of the old Gamma World and Mutant Future rulebooks. M&MG will get a lot of old school mutations! The new combat system was based on the review I read on Meikyuu Kingdom TRPG, a japanese RPG. I wonder if I did pull it off?

Anyway, we're planning to expand this game, so comment and critiques will further improve this game. Enjoy!

Download the latest version below
http://experimentalplayground.blogspot.com/2013/04/mutants-m...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robertson Sondoh Jr
Malaysia
Kota Kinabalu
Sabah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Savage Flower Kingdom
Savage Flower Kingdom (2013)

Welcome to the world of Savage Flower Kingdom – where everything will try killing you for fun or dessert. Never the less, it is a strange, mystical and adventurous Kingdom with a lot of hidden treasures. Let’s go to adventure!

Designer's Note: This game is a hack of Mutants & Machine-guns for a fantasy setting. I add and remove things that I wanted in this setting such as quick combat, adding talents to differentiate the heroes, etc. I wanted to make this funny, but I don't know if I was able to deliver it because of the limited page count.

Download the latest version of Savage Flower Kingdom http://experimentalplayground.blogspot.com/2013/12/savage-fl...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robertson Sondoh Jr
Malaysia
Kota Kinabalu
Sabah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Galaxy Conquest (2014)

Galaxy Conquest is a game where two player wage in a space war against each other. Compete to win planets. One of the players will take control of the Terran of Hammer Wing Faction and the other Kryak of Thunder Faction.

The goal of Galaxy Conquest is to be the first to win 3 planets by smartly placing your unit tokens on the planets, and utilising the abilities you acquired.

Designer note: It has been a long time since we have created any board game. Before creating this game. I pitch an idea of making a DOTA like board game with heroes and dice throwing mechnic. Jason did a prototype but he dislike it. After some tweaking Galaxy Conquest was born. At first, it has a fantasy theme, we ultimately change it to space warfare. Beside it is more interesting to draw a planet than a plain land. According to Jason this game is inspired by Campaign Manager board game.

Download the game here http://experimentalplayground.blogspot.com/2014/09/galaxy-co...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Ingeland
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
...so is EP dead?!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.