Greg Clensy
United States
Glenbrook
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have not found one mention anywhere of anybody finding this difficult and I see loads of pics of the game set up this way. Neither me nor my wife can get it to work properly.

I went to the video review to see how Scott set his up, but he has it pre-set up there.

All four flaps are on my board. Everything seems fully intact. I can get it to stand outside the box, but not in.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
No idea. It went together pretty easily for me. Perhaps the white flaps of the outer box are in the way?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Monterroso
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
If you are not having fun, then you are missing the point.
mbmbmbmbmb
It went in fairly easily for me as well. Although after many years, the board is now totally warped and some of the seams have torn. But originally, the board went in with no problem.

Can you describe (or show pictures) of any specific difficulties?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Clensy
United States
Glenbrook
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The board actually fits into the box just fine, but I can't get it to stand up. I can get three of the tabs at most to stand, but by the time I try to get the fourth tab to stand up one to three of the other tabs just fold back under the board causing it to collapse.

I don't know if any of this makes sense.

Just the fact that you two have had no issue makes me think that my board has some sort of defect, but I can't see what it might be. Maybe the tabs might not be stiff enough to hold in place.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I just checked my copy to make sure I wasn't crazy. it took like 2 seconds to set up.

I'll try to verbally explain what I do. Lay the outer box flat and make sure the two small tabs in the middle are lined up correctly along the long side.

The green board has the two seems and the 4 tabs. Grab it at the two seems and slightly bend the "wings" upwards.

Make sure the middle tab on the opposite sidelines goes inside the box first as if that were the hinge an you were closing a lid.

At the same time, make sure the two end zone tabs are going in at the same time on their respective sides.

Finally, tuck in the tab closest to you along the sidelines. It should keep everything sturdy. If this doesn't work, perhaps the tabs are too loose. But mine has been very solid. Maybe if this is the case, you can stiffen them up a bit with tape on the inside of the green field or little haunches that stop them from collapsing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Clensy
United States
Glenbrook
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is clearly something wrong with my board. Your instructions are very clear and that's pretty much the way I've tried (along with a couple other ways). I believe the tabs on my board must not be stiff enough. They easily bend both ways.

I will try tape and see if that will stiffen them up.

I would love to see another copy just to see how it works. There is something off on my board but it is not obvious.

I really appreciate your help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Woodward
United States
Bowling Green
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah there must be something wrong with yours. I can't fold to save my life and mine sets up in 5 seconds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.