9 Posts

A Game of Thrones: The Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: shadows??? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jamie boland
Canada
flag msg tools
when are you able to bring a card out of the shadows? and for example venomous blade can that just keep going in and out as much as you want during a phase? arya stark as well where she can go in and out are they able to do that numerous times during a phase? shadows are confusing to me

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Robinson
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The official Shadows FAQ should clear up all your questions.

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/agotlcg/suppor...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jamie boland
Canada
flag msg tools
i have the rules but its not exactly clear on when it can and cant...im asking where i come in contact with those 2 all the time and they use them after every attack when something dies sometimes 3 times in a 4 player game...is that legal and they bring them out then in then out then in then out then in all within one phase thats why i ask if its possible

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Rice
United States
LIHUE
HI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure exactly what your opponents are doing -- but they cannot "bring them out then in then out then in then out then in"

The Shadow Rules clearly state:

"At the beginning of the any phase, a card that is in Shadows can come
out of Shadows and into play at the discretion of the player controlling
the card. Each player has the option of bringing one card out of his or
her Shadows area each phase."

So, they may NOT bring a card out of shadows in the middle of a phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark T
Canada
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For VB it can come out of Shadows at the beginning of, say, the Challenge Phase, to kill someone then it goes back into Shadows only if that player loses a challenge. It can then come back out at the beginning of the Dominance Phase to kill someone else. It certainly does not jump in and out at will, or more than once per Challenge Phase.

For Arya, she will only go into Shadows if she is killed, but it still costs one gold to get here back out. She can still only do this at the beginning of a phase, so can't be used for multiple Military claim soaks.

Also remember that only one card can come out of Shadows per phase (per player).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nenad Mitrovic
msg tools
mbmbmb
One question, it say at begining of the phase. So if it is marshaling, did you take gold first and then play card from shadow, or you must first play car from shadov (if you have gold, or if it cost 0), and then take gold for marshaling?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent 57
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Beginning of the phase means literally the beginning of the phase, no counting your gold, no declaring challenges, no winning dominance, no standing characters, no taxation, no revealing plots, no drawing cards before the action to bring a ca out of Shadows. If you do anything BUT bring a card out of shadows you have passed the beginning of the phase and it is too late.

It is one of the things that keeps Shadows easy to understand and from becoming unbalanced.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nenad Mitrovic
msg tools
mbmbmb
thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jamie boland
Canada
flag msg tools
thanks alot guys this has made me happy thats for sure

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.