Subject: Dungeon Effects on Adventure Effects Card rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gabriel St. Michael
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Had a disagreement over the rules about this. My understanding is that Dungeon Effects start at the beginning of the game and last till the end. But a friend said that it changes the dungeon only once the boss is spawned.

My thoughts are that it provides "flavor" for the whole dungeon so it's not generic, and I expect expansions and custom games to have their own effects. And anyhow, if it did change the dungeon after the boss spawns, then wouldn't it be listed under Boss Fight Effects?

Thanks for your input!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sochan

Rhode Island
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dungeon effects are in play which in this case are "Born of Fire" and "The Red Stuff". Once the boss comes into play, boss fight effects come into pla y which would be "Inferno" and "Burning Blades".

Also, page 14 of the rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davin Ang
Indonesia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i wanna ask some question.. how many dungeon effect cards in super dungeon explore 2nd edition?

thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kiren Maelwulf
Canada
Richmond
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hooo07 wrote:
i wanna ask some question.. how many dungeon effect cards in super dungeon explore 2nd edition?

thanks

The 2nd edition is just another print run with fixes from the first, there are no additions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davin Ang
Indonesia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
so it just 1 dungeon effect.. i think its boring only have 1 dungeon effect..

thanks for the answer..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Mangano
United States
Williamstown
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Actually it comes with two. One has to do with lava and the other has to do with movement through rough terrain.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Lawson
United Kingdom
Yateley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
CJM1974 wrote:
Actually it comes with two. One has to do with lava and the other has to do with movement through rough terrain.

This is incorrect actually

It appears you are mixing up the Terrain Effect cards and the Adventure Effect card. There are indeed two Terrain Effect cards in the base game.

Technically, there's no such thing as a "Dungeon Effect card". There is an Adventure Effect card which lists a "Dungeon Effect" so it should be clear that when "Dungeon Effect card" is referred to it most likely means the Adventure Effect card.

There is only one Adventure Effect card in the base game. This card lists a Dungeon Effect, Boss Fight Effect and Timeout Effect. New expansions include new Adventure Effect cards (and it's not that difficult to design some new cards for this).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.