Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
2 Posts

Risk Legacy» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question regarding the Maneuver Troops phase(May contain minor spoiler) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Smiles Manchez
Canada
flag msg tools
My local playgroup has been stating that during the 'Maneuver Troops' or 'Fortify/reinforce' phase I can only move any but 1 of my troops from a territory to an ADJACENT territory.

However, after looking through the Risk Legacy manual, I found that it does not state that you can only move into adjacent territories. It does state that I could move my troops to any connected territory so long as it's connected to the territory that I am reinforcing from.

So, say I control East Africa and chain of territories(all connected) leading all the way up to Alaska. If there are 25 troops in East Africa and 2 in Alaska, would I be able to move 24 of my troops from East Africa to Alaska?

Also, I know the Saharan Republic get a power allowing them to move troops into any territory they occupy during this phase even if it is not connected. Can said player of the Saharan Republic then move any amount of troops from one territory to another territory even if it's not connected?(so long as they control them of course)

Just want to clarify for my playgroup who have played a lot more risk that I have. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Rochelle
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you can move farther than an adjacent territory with a standard maneuver, so long as there is a continuous chain of controlled territories. (the "adjacent" rule is correct from standard Risk, but Legacy doesn't use it)

Yes, you can move any number of troops from a territory during a standard maneuver so long as you leave one

Yes, Saharan optionally gets a power that allows a standard maneuver between any two controlled territories, subject to any other restrictions (like leaving 1 troop).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.