Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Sheets
United States
Lebanon
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My first two plays were at a friends house. He explained the rules, but I never got to read them. I bought the game, and ended up teaching 3 new people how to play.

The players were Clark Raiatea, Gary Hiva, Tim Samoa, and Robert Tonga. I played Tonga.

We started out building villages and exploring as fast as we could. Gary and Clark thought that Tim and I had an unfair advantage because we had more build points at the beginning. I told them we needed to spend those points to defend against an attack,from each other. I did spend some build points on War Canoes early in the game in case I Had to deal with Samoa. We were all at about 10 VP when Tim revealed some nice island groups including Hawaii, He quickly shot up to 15 VP. I invaded Samoa, with those War Canoes I had Built earlier, and won. I was bracing for his counter attack, but he moved north. A hex or two north of Hawaii he revealed Tahiti. While this was happening Gary had found Aotearoa, and several small island groups. Clark had found a scattering of small islands and Rapa Nui. The largest island group I found had room for two villages. Gary decided to fight Tim for control of Tahiti. Tahiti became a vast killing ground. Turn after turn consisted of attack and counter attack. Neither of them held it long enough to build a single village.

Clark and I left each other alone, for the most part, and populated our island groups. Clark had the lead for a little while. I think he had 17VP and I had 15VP. Tim and Gary were spending all their build points on combat units and had around 10 VP each. At the end of the game Hawaii and Aotearoa only had one village each.

Before the game started I told the other players how valuable the cards could be, and that the winner of the last game won because he had those hidden VP from the cards be bought. Even so I was the first player to buy Cards. I don't think another player bought a card until I bought my third card. After I bought my fourth card they were waiting for me to declare victory. the only problem was my four cards were worth a grand total of two VP. I had to buy one more card, and got 2VP which game me 23 VP and the win. Clark had 20 or 21VP Tim and Gary around 12VP each.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.