juan c marquez
Mexico
ZAPOPAN
JALISCO
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I already own several games, and one of my best gatwway games has been ingenious. I think qwirkle might be a good second option,. which version is better? has anyone tried playing with 6 players as many times we are 3 couples? thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice bags!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tsuro can play up to 8.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
norman rule
United States
Columbia
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We've played Qwirkle and Qwirkle Cubes with five several times, and I think we've even gone up to 6. The only difference that we noticed is lower scores because of fewer scoring opportunities.

I don't think one version is "better" than the other. QCubes gives you a little more control over your fate because you can choose to roll cubes each turn.

I also vote for Tsuro, although I'm not certain it qualifies as an abstract. In that same vein (not quite an abstract), Ricochet Robots can easily accomodate 6 players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Gemblo is a Blokus-like pure abstract strategy game (no randomness or hidden info) for up to 6 players.

Metro is a tile drawing game that's essentially abstract (track-building theme) for up to 6 players.

If you're into game kits/families, Looney Pyramids have lots of different games of different types (pure strategy, lighter/random, real-time, etc), including many that can be played with 6.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Hagenauer jr.
Germany
Surheim
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree, Tsuro and Ricochet Robots are good for 6 players.
I think there are not much "abstracts" that can be played with more than 4 players. The typical abstract strategy games (like Go, Chess or the Gipf series ...) are two player only.

Topology officially is for up to 4 players too.
You could play it with more players (without changeing the rules), but than the number of turns per player is verry small (as the tiles are limited). But throwing together 2 copies of the game
would solve the problem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kerry Harrison
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch
badge
Meep. Meep. Meep.
mbmbmbmbmb
nolemarquez wrote:
I already own several games, and one of my best gatwway games has been ingenious. I think qwirkle might be a good second option,. which version is better? has anyone tried playing with 6 players as many times we are 3 couples? thanks in advance!

I've played Qwirkle with 6 players several times, even once with 8 players, the only real difference I've noticed is lower scores.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.