1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [17] | 

Operation: Maccabee» Forums » News

Subject: Spin the Dreidel and win FREE GEEK GOLD rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
msg tools
designer
publisher
BGG facilitates the illegal sale of unauthorized copies of games. Due to BGG refusal to prevent such illeagal activities, FlasterVenture will not interact or participate with BGG If you need help or have question please go to www.boardgaming.com
badge
BGG facilitates the illegal sale of unauthorized copies of games. Due to BGG refusal to prevent such illeagal activities, FlasterVenture will not interact or participate with BGG If you need help or have question please go to www.boardgaming.com
OK, it is Hanukkah again
(or Chanukah depending how you like to spell it)
so it is time to spin the dreidel
and win GEEK GOLD
bag
The traditional game to play on these eight crazy nights is Dreidel. But this year I am going to add a new rule with an Operation: Maccabee "spin" on it.

Yes we will be killing nazis with dreidels this year!

How to play (for this thread's purposes):

1) For each post there will be one Gelt (Geek Gold), supplied by me, put into the pot.
2) For each post to this thread I will spin the dreidel for you. (Only one spin per person per day)
3) If a Gimel is spun you win all the Geek Gold (1 if it is the first post)
4) If a Hei is spun you win half of the Geek Gold (Round down so if there is 5 in the pot you will only win 2)
5) If a Nun is spun you win nothing and the Geek gold carries over to the next post. So the pot can grow bigger.
6) If a Shin is spun you win nothing but 1 additional Geek Gold will go into the pot and carry over to the next post.
7) Whenever the pot reaches zero it will reset to one Geek Gold.
8) The Operation: Maccabee "spin": I have enabled Public Dice Rolls so on your post click "add a roll" and select d8. If you get an 8 then you killed all the nazis and win 10 more geek gold no matter what you spin.

In the spirit of the giving season I will be supplying the Geek Gold so this is FREE for everyone to participate and enjoy for the next 8 days or until I run out of Geek Gold.
Please be patient with me on the spins. I don't sit in front of my computer 24 hours a day so I may have to play catch up sometimes.

Happy Holidays Everyone!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 67153. Black Canyon
  • 1d8 =
  • (2) =
  • This one's for Nick
  • Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:44 am
  • [+]
  • 67252. Sigafoos
  • 1d8 =
  • (6) =
  • Pressing my luck...
  • Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:30 pm
  • [+]
  • 67298. Skaboy
  • 1d8 =
  • (4) =
  • heres a shot
  • Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:31 pm
  • [+]
  • 67314. mudmonkey
  • 1d8 =
  • (3) =
  • I've never done this...so it's a bit of an experiment for me...
  • Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:37 pm
  • [+]
  • 67323. yoyomama
  • 1d8 =
  • (1) =
  • Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:08 pm
  • [+]
  • 67543. VikingPrincess
  • 1d8 =
  • (1) =
  • Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:18 am
  • [+]
  • 67694. mandingoman
  • 1d8 =
  • (2) =
  • Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:52 pm
  • [+]
  • 67797. Daryl992
  • 1d8 =
  • (4) =
  • Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:28 am
  • [+]
  • 67800. JagrFan
  • 1d8 =
  • (7) =
  • Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:41 am
William Boykin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
For BJ.....
mb
My local FLGS has already sold two of your Operation:Maccabbes game!

Killing Nazis with dreidels is one of my favorite things to do in life!!!

Congrats and have a great and profitable New Year!

Darilian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Darilian wrote:
My local FLGS has already sold two of your Operation:Maccabbes game!

Killing Nazis with dreidels is one of my favorite things to do in life!!!

Congrats and have a great and profitable New Year!

Darilian

Thanks! Great to hear. First spin of the week ...

NUN No GG but the pot gets bigger!

Pot= 2

p.s. - dont forget to take your dice roll - I spin the dreidel you click "add a dice roll"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Schaeffer
United States
Unspecified
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in! It's Maccabee Time! (Please, Maccabee, Don't Hurt 'Em!)

EDIT: I think I killed all the Nazis.... Go me!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 67151. Golux13
  • 1d8 =
  • (8) =
  • Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:38 am
msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
NUN ... but you did kill all them naughty nazis 8 GG for you bag

Pot = 3
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
True Blue Jon
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool! Let's see how to do this die roll thing...

1d8 = (4) = 4
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 67152. quozl
  • 1d8 =
  • (4) =
  • Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:43 am
Nick Hayes
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll give it a try.

I bought my copy of Operation: Maccabee at Aero Hobbies a while back, probably when it first came out! I took the game to work recently to show all of my coworkers, which is significant because I work in the board game division of a large toy company. Even though it's not suitable for the mass market, everyone at work thought it was pretty innovative, and these are people who have been designing games for a long time.

Edit: I added my roll to the first post. Not sure if that was right or not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Carroll
United States
Joplin
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
But can we scalp them too . . .

1d8 = 8

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 67154. Nap16
  • 1d8 =
  • (8) =
  • Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:46 am
msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
SHIN ... no GG for you but more for the next spinner

Pot = 5 bag
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Black Canyon wrote:
I'll give it a try.

I bought my copy of Operation: Maccabee at Aero Hobbies a while back, probably when it first came out! I took the game to work recently to show all of my coworkers, which is significant because I work in the board game division of a large toy company. Even though it's not suitable for the mass market, everyone at work thought it was pretty innovative, and these are people who have been designing games for a long time.

Edit: I added my roll to the first post. Not sure if that was right or not.

GIMEL!!! Win 5 GG

Pot = 1

P.S. pls add your dice rolls to your post, it will be easier to keep track of - thx
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Nap16 wrote:
But can we scalp them too . . .

1d8 = 8

GIMEL!!! And you kill the nazis ... good job thumbsup win 11!

Pot = 1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Farrell Seymore
United States
Opelika
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Flaster! I am loving my copy of Operation: Maccabee. My son and I play every week. Also I finally got a chance to play Pirate King last night for the first time. It was a great game. Thanks for gold opportunity!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 67157. fbsfbs
  • 1d8 =
  • (4) =
  • Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:02 am
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
Chanuka semeach! Spin it for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Dearborn Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Fizzgig need food badly!
badge
Click on Fizzgig to feed him a tasty snack. Nom, Nom, Nom!
mbmbmbmbmb
Here we roll... 1d8 = (3) = 3
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 67156. ejtracer
  • 1d8 =
  • (3) =
  • Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:02 am
E D
United States
wilton
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
please spin for me, good luckroll: 1d8 = (7) = 7
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 67158. unveilmyeyes
  • 1d8 =
  • (7) =
  • Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:05 am
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ejtracer wrote:
Here we roll... ejtracer previously rolled 1d8 = (3) = 3

You do realize a dreidel only has 4 sides?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
fbsfbs wrote:
Thanks Flaster! I am loving my copy of Operation: Maccabee. My son and I play every week. Also I finally got a chance to play Pirate King last night for the first time. It was a great game. Thanks for gold opportunity!

Thanks ... awesome to hear! You are sure to win ... aaaah SHIN

Pot = 3
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
whac3 wrote:

Round and round it goes ... GIMEL!!! Win 3 laugh

Pot = 1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
ejtracer wrote:

Hey Hey HEI! But we are rounding down

Pot = 2
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
unveilmyeyes wrote:
please spin for me, good luck
roll: unveilmyeyes previously rolled 1d8 = (7) = 7

NUN

Pot = 3
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
whac3 wrote:
ejtracer wrote:

I publish 4 different dreidel games, I sure hope so.

I spin an actual dreidel on my end and you "add a dice roll" on your side for the bonus. I chose a d8 for the eight nights of Hanukkah.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Flaster Siskin wrote:
whac3 wrote:

Round and round it goes ... GIMEL!!! Win 3 laugh

Pot = 1

Thank you for the fun and of course your generosity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 67159. whac3
  • 1d8 =
  • (4) =
  • Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:20 am
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Flaster Siskin wrote:
whac3 wrote:
ejtracer wrote:

I publish 4 different dreidel games, I sure hope so.

I spin an actual dreidel on my end and you "add a dice roll" on your side for the bonus. I chose a d8 for the eight nights of Hanukkah.

Somehow I missed that and now I know what's going on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Baptist
United States
Highland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Had a lot of fun with this one at Strategicon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 67162. SlikkRikk
  • 1d8 =
  • (3) =
  • Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:27 am
I see you...
United States
Avon
Ohio
flag msg tools
"I made a promise on the grave of my parents...
badge
...that I would rid this city of the evil that took their lives. "
mbmbmbmbmb
Spin that dreidel.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 67173. Dispaminite
  • 1d8 =
  • (4) =
  • Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:46 am
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [17] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.