Ender Wiggins
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What happens if you knock a piece of bark loose, but it's resting on the core piece below, and hasn't actually fallen onto the ground? Does it get collected by the player who did the last hit, or does it need to fall onto the ground? We've been playing the latter.

Also, is it legal to use the back of the axe instead of the sharp main blade?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jenny Nguyen
Australia
Bungarribee
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ha! I saw this at the LGS (I wannnnnttt it)the other day and thought to myself 'this looks like an awesomely simple game'...Apparently I'm wrong!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Friedberg
United States
Warsaw
IN
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's eminently 'house-ruleable'. I've been playing the latter as well, but it just depends on how high-scoring you want the game to be.

As far as using the axe differently, the same applied. We use the back, front, handle, side, and with front-on, down AND upwards hits. In general, axe + tree == ok.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sherlock
United States
Anaheim Hills
California
flag msg tools
badge
Admin @ www.cigargeeks.com
mbmbmbmbmb
We are Tok-Tok purists. Only the blade of the axe may be used at our games.

Also, if bark doesn't hit the ground, we play that the player doesn't get it; sometimes this leads to some bark being load bearing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manchuwok
Canada
Mission
BC
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We've been playing that bark has to hit the ground. Often times bark will become dislodged, but still resting on a part of the tree. The next player usually benefits from this.

Also, We allow the axe to be used in any fashion, so long as the motion could be considered "striking" the tree. On that note, an attempted strike of the tree counts, even if you didn't make contact.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ender Wiggins
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I managed to contact the designer Justin Oh, and here is his official answer to the two questions in the original post:

Quote:
Yes! The bark block has to be fallen down on the ground.

And you can use the back of the axe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Stout
United States
Syracuse
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We also use any part of the axe. And if the bark stays on the tree for any reason it's not scored.

What happens alot is my wife will hit the top of the tree or the base just to waste a turn so she doesnt make anything fall.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.