9 Posts

Dark Souls» Forums » General

Subject: I almost killed the Capra Demon rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Isaac Heres
Israel
flag msg tools
He was down to his last health at the same time that I was out of my flasks.
I went to the top of the stairs and got on top of the archway, I was able to take a breather and watch what the demon does when he attacks, he falls off from the stairs. At the same time, I got to attack the dogs from up there. That lead me to concentrate on the Demon's strikes. I did the same attack used on the Taurus Demon. The Demon was down to his last health. I tried to hurry up the stairs, but he killed me just before I can attempt to escape from him
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Moura
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you tried using humanity and summoning another player to help you kill the Capra Demon?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Heres
Israel
flag msg tools
Epee wrote:
Have you tried using humanity and summoning another player to help you kill the Capra Demon?

I can't summon other players, I already lost all my humanity many weeks ago since the first time I ever got to this area of Undeaad Burg

But how can I summon players while I'm human?

Should I summon in front of the white light or do it when I cross it?

But if I tried to do it when I cross the light, wouldn't the demon and the dogs get free hits as I stand there creating a summon sign?

Then how long is it going to stay there and who's going to come by and activate it. I know this game comes with multiplayer where someone can co-op with you but I never ever saw that part of the game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Moura
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You have to be human to summon other players. It is best to do it in front of the white light.

You have to look for the yellow and white summoning symbols. You don't have to put down your own symbol.

You can buy humanity from a female undead vendor - look at your guide.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Heres
Israel
flag msg tools
Epee wrote:
You have to be human to summon other players. It is best to do it in front of the white light.

You have to look for the yellow and white summoning symbols. You don't have to put down your own symbol.

You can buy humanity from a female undead vendor - look at your guide.

Last time I actually was human and place down a summon sign, I put it in front of the white light before crossing it ,and just as I enter, I recieved a message saying the summon was canceled or something.

How long can the summon sign stay on the floor, and how long do I must wait before someone comes by and helps me? Should I enter to fight the demon anyways?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
c 5
United States
Baton Rouge
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You don't place a summon sign to summon help, you have to find someone else's sign. Placing your sign allows someone else to summon you. If that happens, and you beat the boss, it doesn't count for your game, only for the human host's.

I think your sign disappears after a certain amount of time, if you get too far from it, or if you cross a white light gate.

I once placed a white sign and was told after a while that I was invading another player, but then I got an error and it didn't happen. Not sure what that was about.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Moura
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can also gain humanity by helping other players - putting your summon sign down and waiting to be summoned.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Heres
Israel
flag msg tools
Allright well, I guess I have to face the Capra Demon alone. I almost beat him last time. I'm going to have to do the same strategy on him
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete R.
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan
flag msg tools
The grace of Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In my experience with Dark Souls, it's always best to press the attack - wasting time to run away usually obtains the results you experienced. When you have them on the ropes - attack and attack again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.