Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nim Chimpsky
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
During a recent game using the Mega Game rules, two players ended up tied. While everyone involved was fine with the outcome, we did wonder what the best method for tie-breaking would be.

In the normal base game, the first tie-break is the number of completed destination cards but this seems unfair in the Mega Game, particularly if the person who received the Globetrotter bonus is one of the players tied for first. But since the Mega Game uses both bonuses, it seems unfair to involve either as a tie-breaker if any of the tied players already received bonuses from either or both.

So is there a better option? Maybe 1 point per unused train remaining?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan C
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just played the new Asia map (team map) last night. I noticed with both of those, "most tickets completed" was the tiebreaker. Legendary Asia uses that for a tiebreaker, even though that variant has no bonus for most completed tickets.

Team Asia has both bonuses too (like 1910 mega game) - most completed (10pts) and longest route (10pts).... but it is the most completed tickets that is considered the tiebreaker over longest route.

If you want to use that as a precedent, I'd go with most completed tickets.

Edit: Actually just checked the rules on the DOW site - Europe, Marklin, Nordic... pretty much every version also tiebreak with most completed tickets. I think that's your answer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David B
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually occasionally enjoy a game that ends in a tie. Shake hands and lets all be friends!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.