Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joshua C
United States
Grove City
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How do you guys feel about this? I don't like the standard method because it gives an advantage to someone who is already winning to begin with. Scoring is good, and culling along with it just makes it even better. It seems to be a real cause of the "runaway leader" syndrome that this game suffers from. One alternative is the "to score you must cull that creature", but that seems a bit extreme (though I may try that too). My problem with that method is it doesn't feel like you're "dice building" anymore, you're just buying dice and playing them once or twice before losing them.

How do you guys feel about the option to either "score or cull"? I feel like this would stop that person who gets the lucky early dragon from running away with it as easily by using the Dragon to shield their assistants and just culling a bunch of Quiddity/Assistants until they have an unstoppable 6 dice of 2 Dragons and 4 Quiddity, or something like that.

It seems like it would also add depth. Do you score a bunch early, but leave yourself with a fattened up deck and possibly lose the late game? Or do you give up the early lead in order to streamline your dice for a strong late game onslaught?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerold Wallis

Missouri
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
See "deck of many variants" in the files section. This is listed there.

JW

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kiren Maelwulf
Canada
Richmond
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a variant I suggest a while back. I like it better than the offical variant that involves culling creatures you score with since as was mentioned it removes the deck building aspect of a deck building game. Having the simple choice to score or cull solves all the same issues without majorily overhauling the game. The one drawback I found during my most recent plays is that even in 2 player games it can drastically lengthen a match, although for some this too may be seen as a bonus.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.