Dominion» Forums » General

Subject: Recommended Sets of 10 for more than 2 Expansions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Derek Whaley
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
Darius I – 73rd Great Khan of the Illustrius Barbarian Horde, Duque San Lorenzo, Marquis de Feltón, Chief of the Zayante, Baron von Whaleyland, Lord Kennedy
badge
Arrgh!
mbmbmbmbmb
So let's hear them. There have been numerous requests for Recommended Sets of 10 for beginners, but including ALL EXPANSIONS, what are the best recommendations for sets of 10? This is an open request, nothing has to be official.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not being a wiseass here, but I recommend random sets. It's how you'll discover different cards, different combos, etc. If you just play sets recommended by others, the games won't vary much and will probably get boring pretty quickly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Whaley
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
Darius I – 73rd Great Khan of the Illustrius Barbarian Horde, Duque San Lorenzo, Marquis de Feltón, Chief of the Zayante, Baron von Whaleyland, Lord Kennedy
badge
Arrgh!
mbmbmbmbmb
Very true and I agree with you entirely. But when playing with others who have played a few times before but not frequently, it's nice to have sets that are reliably fun. And I really don't like having to draw cards from just the base game and an expansion. It's too limited.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Brandt
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
I'm an old friend of Xanderrrr's
badge
Buffy the Vampire Slayer - S5E20
mbmbmbmbmb
The sets used in the 2011 Dominionstrategy.com Championships are all pretty cool. link
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward
United States
New York City
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
michaeljb wrote:
The sets used in the 2011 Dominionstrategy.com Championships are all pretty cool. link

If you prefer pictures.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Whaley
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
badge
Arrgh!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you! I think I will include these in the update that includes all the Dark Ages cards (sometime in late summer). There isn't room for the for the moment but there should be once I add in Dark Ages, which will leave a large gap. Alternatively, I could create a new sub-section just for Tournament Kingdom sets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.