Sellersburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
badge
"By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe."
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like to explain to everyone how I am personally handling the MB's so as to prevent the 'Where is mine' etc types of contact.

I have volunteered to compile the list of names that respond to the following thread (you have to respond to this thread, I wont be going through the forums looking for new threads that were created):
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/739747/were-you-a-ddd-ks-sup...

I dont mind helping out in the slightest, but just so you know, once you respond getting your MB is not going to be instant. I have to copy and paste the names over to a file (Ive also contacted an Admin friend to see if there is just a simple name pull we can do from their end but havent heard back yet).

Today is my last day of work, I have committed myself to do 10 pages a day of names while I am off (I had the time the first night, but did not last night to compile/send any more names), as it is the holidays. After each set of ten pages, I mail the list to the MB admin. Again I stress its the holidays so he may not be sitting around with nothing to do.

If you feel that my 10 page/day pace is too slow for you, you are more than welcome to respond here stating which 10 page range you would like to compile and can GM me the list of names when you have.

If not, I would ask that you please bear with me, realize its the holidays, and enjoy them.

I appreciate everyone's cooperation in the matter, and hope you have a Merry Christmas!
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Estall
United Kingdom
Bisley
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for volunteering to take on this gargantuan task, I really appreciate it and I don't mind waiting any length of time for the MB.

Merry Christmas!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wolfram Troeder
Germany
Bruchkoebel
Hessen
flag msg tools
Boardgaming is not a matter of life or death...
badge
...it's much more important than that!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks a lot for your work and always remember: "It is your spare time". Take the time you need.

To all eager beavers: Restrain yourself.

I would at the latest on the second mail "Where is my MB?" delete you from the queue. So be happy, that it is not me you are bothering.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maxime Yazz
Canada
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Take the time you need good sir. It is already very nice of you to do this I hope no one is going to be ungrateful enough to start giving you a hard time. Enjoy the holidays and thank you for doing this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan "Spartan Spawn, Sworn, Raised for Warring!"
United States
Sellersburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I appreciate the help/support, Wolfram I must admit the urge crossed my mind but breathe in and breathe out helps alot. Ive been eager too. Just wanted to start a thread explaining how the process works so that everyone could see it. I also understand alot of people probably didnt understand the process either.

An update from our friendly Admin, there isnt a simple way to pull the names from a response. However, there IS a mass uploader tool for those names who get the badges. The first batch of names has been sent to him, I will send another batch of 10 pages tonight so we will probably be seeing them quicker than anticipated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Cheektowaga
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
First let me say thanks for doing this and take whatever time you need. Heck Wait until after the holiday weekend for that matter. Why stress out before Christmas it is stressful enough most of the time.

Take the weekend off and enjoy it. But come Monday get your backside back to work whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam
Australia
Dickson
ACT
flag msg tools
??!
badge
And when you gaze long into Ducky Momo, Ducky Momo also gazes into you.
mb
Luftwaffe Flak wrote:
An update from our friendly Admin, there isnt a simple way to pull the names from a response.

There's no simple way to get multiple names from the body of a reply, but you can easily get the names of everyone who replied to the thread using the XML API. See here: list of 1196 commenters.
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Click
United States
Bristol
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Nothing to see here
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
srand wrote:
Luftwaffe Flak wrote:
An update from our friendly Admin, there isnt a simple way to pull the names from a response.

There's no simple way to get multiple names from the body of a reply, but you can easily get the names of everyone who replied to the thread using the XML API. See here: list of 1196 commenters.
You are a God-Send! I have got to learn more about SQL.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Warren
United Kingdom
Wisbech
CAMBRIDGESHIRE
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"Elves are very good at board games, and I'm NOT an elf!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the work. Remember that it is your time and not our time, so don't rush. It's time to spend with your family and friends - I will be doing so, so likewise, I expect you should too

srand wrote:
Luftwaffe Flak wrote:

Absolutely brilliant! That should save a huge amount of time. Does this check for and delete repeated names? Is there an easy way to delete repeated names (perhaps using another method)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Click
United States
Bristol
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Nothing to see here
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To help a little, I just scanned 48 pages and pulled the following names from the body of the messages.

Eutectic
Murky71
thirdeye333
gomtuu
sweetcurse
Dougal McDonnell
vuud
atomike
Adam d Ynris
BradKane
etienneq
denu2
Gnuli
Devilturnip

Here is the placemarker: http://boardgamegeek.com/article/8096206#8096206

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Sellersburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sam...my god man! When I get to my desktop I need to give you a fat tip! Howd you do that? There shouldnt be any dupes after the first 10 pages except mine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shayne Gray
United States
Akron
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got notice of receiving my Microbadge as I opened this thread to see what it was.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Peterson
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
schwartz!
badge
My hovercraft is full of eels!
mbmbmbmbmb
Got my badge. Thank you very much for all the work you put into this.

Sam - thank you too for the API and Pastebin links. Now I have some new tools to learn about.

Merry Christmas everyone!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hansen
United States
Riverton
UT
flag msg tools
designer
If given the option, I would prefer to play with the green pieces, please.
badge
Check out the 2017 Solo Design Contest!
mbmbmbmbmb
srand wrote:
Luftwaffe Flak wrote:

Thanks Sam! I was just about to suggest this when I saw your reply. The XML API is an extremely useful tool for this sort of thing.

I'd be happy to load the data into a temporary database to help with de-duping as well. However, I think that the mass upload tool automatically ignores dups (you can't get the same microbadge twice) so you're probably good as is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Waltier
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JoffW wrote:
Absolutely brilliant! That should save a huge amount of time. Does this check for and delete repeated names? Is there an easy way to delete repeated names (perhaps using another method)?

I do this in Excel all the time for work.
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel-help/filter-for-uniq...
Search for "excel [XXXX] filter duplicate" where [XXXX] is your version year if you're using something other than 2007.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Townsend
United States
Rock Hill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Got mine today, thanks alot for making this Microbadge. Looks classy as well
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Ralya
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Engine Publishing (enginepublishing.com)
badge
The Forgotten Bananas
mbmbmbmbmb
Got mine, dug it, couldn't care less how long it took. This isn't something you should have to apologize for!

Thanks for tackling this. Now go enjoy the holidays.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan DeLano
United States
West Valley City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Haven't gotten mine yet, but I really do appreciate your work on this! No rush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarek D
United Kingdom
Maidenhead
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Microbadge received with thanks, thumbsup and

Merry Xmas!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CanCon, BunnyCon...BorderCon!!!
Australia
KILLARA
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
May 2018 be all you dreamed it would be and be all that you dreamed...
mbmbmbmbmb
Take all the time you need pal and thanks for the work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Swan
Ireland
Dublin 18
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the update.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fazeo Faz
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for your hard work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stevens
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
I protect the sheep in our society from the wolves.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for putting in all the work and getting this done. I got my MB today and love it. I have some free time tonight so if you give me a set number of pages to go through, I will go through them, pull the names and send them to you, if that helps at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Sellersburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mike I greatly appreciate it! Bob has been snagging the stragglers as they come in. We are fairly well caught up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.