Popular Tags: [View All]
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
...but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind,
badge
...and reaching forth unto those things which are before,...
mbmbmbmb
... and at work. Yep, joy to the world. I sit secluded in an office in the warehouse, so no one will catch what I got.

On my desk I have herbal teas for colds, unprocessed honey, fresh lemon juice, vitamin C tablets, tissues, cups of liquids (take that as you will), some pills to loosen the congestion, and a spoon. SPOOON!

I didn't think I was going to make it in today. Last night, as I was getting ready for bed, I started to get the chills and was shaking really bad. That's when my bladder let me know that it needed emptying. So I'm standing in front of the toilet, in my usual hands on the hips stance, when I hits me that I'm still shaking like a jackhammer. Crap! Not wanting the bathroom to look like a child day care center, I readied myself with the one-handed grip. As it began to flow it was quite obvious that one hand wasn't enough, so I latched on to it like a firefighter vesus the blaze of a lifetime. My eyes were wide with fear and sweat was starting to collect. Never in my life have I had to concentrate so hard on hitting the target. It was if I was pissing with a machine gun. The random splashing sounds must have sounded funny from outside the door. After what seemed like 5 minutes, I was able to finish up without a single drop landing outside the mark, and I'm darn proud of that. Why am I telling you this? I dunno, I said I was sick.

Where was I? Oh yeah, so the chills continues a few hours into the night. I tossed and turned because you really can't sleep like that. Then out of nowhere the chills disappeared and I became insanely warm. I'm talking kick off the covers and gasp for a cool drink kind of warm. I'd like to know what in the world was going on inside my body. Eventually I was able to get a little rest before the alarm went off.

So here I sit at work. I'm sick, tired, and I already know that today is going to suck workwise. So how are the rest of you all doing?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Goenner
United States
St. Cloud
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Yup, changed the Avatar for self-promotion.
badge
Go vote in the 24-Hour RPG Design Contest!
mbmbmbmbmb
Blech. I know the feeling, man. Sorry to hear it. Every day at work has been kind of like that for me since we reorganized our department seating-wise (I now sit three feet away from my work nemesis).

Hope you feel better, my friend. And hey, at least you'll probably be recovered for Christmas!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D. Watson
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just getting over a cold myself, so I know how you feel. Well, not that part about the jackhammer/machine gun peeing, but the other stuff. Good luck with that peeing stuff. If it makes you feel better, that story was quite amusing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve B
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I'm doing OK I guess. Will be stressed with Christmas-related things tonight, tomorrow, Saturday, and Sunday. Can't wait for a whole week off next week to catch up on video games while the wife is at work.

Sorry to hear you're so sick. Why did you even go in today if you're that sick? Or is your awful work today just sitting at the computer getting stuff done? I figure interacting with people would be awful when feeling like that AND no one would want you to.

Get better!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew W.
United States
Monessen
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Taoist, Pittsburgh Sports fan, and welcoming to people who are kind, from any walk of life.
badge
I have been playing games since the Atari 2600, Candy Land, Chuttes and Ladders, Go Fish, & the Apple ii. Supporting "the Geek" since 2006
mbmbmbmbmb
tickmanfan wrote:
So how are the rest of you all doing?

I'm feeling Metric Shit-tons better than you apparently.

Get rest and get well, both quickly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I came in to work because I have three reimages scheduled. Basically that means I have to reload the operating system and backup all the data and programs. One is for a VIP so I'd rather get that done and out of the way.

Thanks for the well wishes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Green Dan
United Kingdom
Norwich
Norfolk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, I've had the Ill this week. Basically the same as you except without the peeing bit.

Hope your better for Xmas!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy Wiles
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Dude. Stop posting on Chit Chat and get your work done and go home! Every minute that you're not getting rest, you're making yourself more sick by wearing yourself out.

GO HOME!

(and get better)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Vondra
United States
Charlottesville
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're shaking that bad, you really should be home in bed. So , doctor's orders (okay I'm not an MD but...)are:
go home
crawl into bed
arrange all your meds, teas and liquids nearby
bring your laptop into the room only for entertainment (like those things that are not discussed on chit chat)...NO WORK
get better!

Oh, and if your still shaking next time you need to void your bladder, sit. The bathroom is the worst place in the house to fall.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Goenner
United States
St. Cloud
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cooler king wrote:

Oh, and if your still shaking next time you need to void your bladder, sit. The bathroom is the worst place in the house to fall.

So I think what he's saying here is bring an empty 2-liter bottle into bed with you so as to avoid that complication.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
amwiles wrote:
Dude. Stop posting on Chit Chat and get your work done and go home! Every minute that you're not getting rest, you're making yourself more sick by wearing yourself out.

cooler king wrote:
If you're shaking that bad, you really should be home in bed.

The shakes stopped in the middle of the night. Besides being out of it with some drainage and a cough, I actually don't feel as bad as I did last night. If things get worse I will go home.

cooler king wrote:
Oh, and if your still shaking next time you need to void your bladder, sit.

SON OF A...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Green Dan
United Kingdom
Norwich
Norfolk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MasterGeek wrote:
cooler king wrote:

So I think what he's saying here is bring an empty 2-liter bottle into bed with you so as to avoid that complication.

But when it turns out your bladder can hold 1.9 liters, that last 0.1 liter will be the most tense moment of your life.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Goenner
United States
St. Cloud
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Greendan wrote:
MasterGeek wrote:
cooler king wrote:

But when it turns out your bladder can hold 1.9 liters, that last 0.1 liter will be the most tense moment of your life.

Don't I know it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Game On!
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
As you guide your cursor over the blue avatar a strange feeling of dread comes over you.
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have the means to acquire or make a hot toddy... magical elixer !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Mulligans wrote:
If you have the means to acquire or make a hot toddy.

I got lemon, honey, and hot water.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Goenner
United States
St. Cloud
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tickmanfan wrote:
Mulligans wrote:
If you have the means to acquire or make a hot toddy.

I got lemon, honey, and hot water.

But do you have a manservant named Todd who is quite attractive?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Morse
United States
Falmouth
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
http://atroublewithwords.com/
mbmbmbmbmb

Tick, it's Arthur. We need to talk.

Your... "illness" is putting the city in danger. Your shaking incident earlier registered as a small earthquake. Minor structural damage, etc.

Go home and rest. I will keep watch for you while you convalesce.

If I need help I'll call BatManuel or Captain Liberty.

Get well soon!

-Arthur
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve B
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mb
amwiles wrote:

I think we all know who the mother is around here now
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy Wiles
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tickmanfan wrote:
amwiles wrote:

cooler king wrote:
If you're shaking that bad, you really should be home in bed.

The shakes stopped in the middle of the night. Besides being out of it with some drainage and a cough, I actually don't feel as bad as I did last night. If things get worse I will go home.

Here's the thing. With your circadian rhythm, you will feel worse at night/better during the day. That doesn't mean you're only sick at night. You're just as sick during the day, you just don't feel it. So, you should be resting/sleeping while you're feeling well enough to get some rest. I'm guessing you're going to start feeling like crap about 3pm today.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Bentley
United States
Cleburne
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh man, I'm sorry you're sick. I know just how you feel...

I'm still getting over a cold I caught from my wife (she denies this of course) at the beginning of the week. I was sitting in our living room, feeling fine, and then, all of a sudden, I felt this wave of achiness and chills come over me. I've felt bad ever since, but I DO feel a little better than yesterday...

Hope you get to feeling much better soon! Have a great Christmas regardless and hope you're well by then!

God bless you and yours,
jrbentley
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
amwiles wrote:
I'm guessing you're going to start feeling like crap about 3pm today.

I feel like crap at 3:00 every day regardless.

Thanks for your concern. I'm trying to take care of myself the best that I can. I've been pumping my body full of liquids and vitamin C. I should get home from work at 4:15 and I'll go straight to bed. Hopefully my body will let me sleep later tonight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Goenner
United States
St. Cloud
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tickmanfan wrote:
amwiles wrote:
I'm guessing you're going to start feeling like crap about 3pm today.

I feel like crap at 3:00 every day regardless.

Thanks for your concern. I'm trying to take care of myself the best that I can. I've been pumping my body full of liquids and vitamin C. I should get home from work at 4:15 and I'll go straight to bed. Hopefully my body will let me sleep later tonight.

It's probably the burritos causing it. You obviously haven't been eating enough of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeff
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is what I would do...

On the way home stop and pick up some chicken soup and garlic.

Put tons I mean TONS of the garlic in the soup. It doesn't matter if it's fresh, pre-chopped, pickled etc...

Ohh and dude you probably had/have a fever take some ibuprofin. Take 600mg then 4 hours later take 200mg every 4 hours.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
MasterGeek wrote:
It's probably the burritos causing it. You obviously haven't been eating enough of them.

//Slaps forehead
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
¡dn ʇǝƃ ʇ,uɐɔ ı puɐ uǝllɐɟ ǝʌ,ı
Canada
Chestermere
Alberta
flag msg tools
Life lesson: Hamsters are NOT diswasher safe.
badge
There are 10 types of people-- those who understand binary, and those who don't.
mbmbmbmbmb
AvidHunter wrote:
Here is what I would do...

On the way home stop and pick up some chicken soup and garlic.

Put tons I mean TONS of the garlic in the soup. It doesn't matter if it's fresh, pre-chopped, pickled etc...
I'll bet that would work. My go-to soup is Hot 'n' Sour, from a local Chinese takeout place. It works wonders.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.