Subject: Movement and Op Fire rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
beresford dickens
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
1. In Section 5.0, it says that if a (moving) unit receives (Op) fire from multiple sources, it must take a Morale Check for each source it is receiving fire (Typo: should say 'receiving fire from' or more grammatically 'from which it is receiving fire'). So is that a Morale Check for every source which gets a Suppression result, or every source after the first Suppression result regardless of the effect of the later sources?

2. 6.0 Executing a Fire Attack: States in bold that 'Units do not take Morale Checks from fire'. Technically this isn't true devil as the preceding paragraph says that a fully Suppressed unit which is moving takes a Morale Check upon receiving a further Suppression, despite the fact that its Morale is unchanged. You could argue that other moving units don't take the Morale Check as a result of the fire but because their Morale has decreased since they originally checked it to perform the action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Krohn
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
badge
Ahhh....my misspent youth...
mbmbmbmbmb
It is only from Suppression results. If you are in the middle of a move, and you get an additional Suppression result (even if you are already fully Suppressed), you have to take a morale check to continue moving.

Technically, the morale check in that case is still not from fire - it is because you want to keep moving.

Still, I will check the wording to see if it can be cleaned up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
beresford dickens
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If a unit attempts to move directly into a hex occupied by an enemy unit, it can be Op Fired upon in its hex of origin and is treated as if it was moving.

If the hex of origin is Foxholes in Open Ground, is the unit 'moving in the open'?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Krohn
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
badge
Ahhh....my misspent youth...
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
If a unit attempts to move directly into a hex occupied by an enemy unit, it can be Op Fired upon in its hex of origin and is treated as if it was moving.

Just to be clear - it can only be fired upon in its hex of origin if the FIRST hex it attempts to move into is enemy occupied.

Quote:
If the hex of origin is Foxholes in Open Ground, is the unit 'moving in the open'?

Yes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.