Chad Ellis
United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Mitt Romney, 2008, on Obama's statement that if elected he would be willing to launch military strikes against high-value targets in Pakistan wrote:
I do not concur in the words of Barack Obama in a plan to enter an ally of ours...I don't think those kinds of comments help in this effort to draw more friends to our effort.


Mitt Romney, yesterday, downplaying credit for Obama for the raid that killed bin Laden wrote:
I think other presidents and other candidates like myself would do exactly the same thing.
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Politicans are twisting systers who will jump onto any bandwaggon to get votes, theres a shock.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Menzel
United States
Montpelier
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
Missed it by that much ...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
why are you surprised by this?
Mitt is the biggest flip-flopper out there - if you don't like his position on something, just wait and it will change in a couple of months ....
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ellis
United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Dude, I'm from Massachusetts. I was not surprised by this.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Chad_Ellis wrote:
Mitt Romney, 2008, on Obama's statement that if elected he would be willing to launch military strikes against high-value targets in Pakistan wrote:
I do not concur in the words of Barack Obama in a plan to enter an ally of ours...I don't think those kinds of comments help in this effort to draw more friends to our effort.


Mitt Romney, yesterday, downplaying credit for Obama for the raid that killed bin Laden wrote:
I think other presidents and other candidates like myself would do exactly the same thing.

For me, the question would be if Romney is willing to admit he was wrong. If so, good; if not, then not.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ellis
United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Romney is absolutely willing to admit that he's wrong...provided that Republican primary voters want him to.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Shipley
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
the liberal unsavory type
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
whac3 wrote:
For me, the question would be if Romney is willing to admit he was wrong. If so, good; if not, then not.


I don't think US politicians think they're allowed to do this. If you question Romney about specifics of his policy changes he gets this rigid grin on his face and crosses and uncrosses his legs a lot while he complains that the questioner doesn't have his facts straight.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Chad_Ellis wrote:
Romney is absolutely willing to admit that he's wrong...provided that Republican primary voters want him to.


This particular point doesn't bother me nearly as much as some of his other reversals and positions (Romneycare, immigration).

I think its one thing to answer a general question about strikes in Pakistan and another to be given the information, Bin Laden is definitely in this specific location in Pakistan, should we get him?




 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ellis
United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jeff brown wrote:
Chad_Ellis wrote:
Romney is absolutely willing to admit that he's wrong...provided that Republican primary voters want him to.


This particular point doesn't bother me nearly as much as some of his other reversals and positions (Romneycare, immigration).

I think its one thing to answer a general question about strikes in Pakistan and another to be given the information, Bin Laden is definitely in this specific location in Pakistan, should we get him?


Reasonable, but I think a bit generous. The only difference between the hypothetical Romney criticized and the decision Obama faced was replacing "bin Laden" with "high level targets". When Romney was going after Obama and essentially calling him naive even to say such a thing he didn't say, "Unless it was bin Laden." Moreover, we didn't know for sure that he was there -- it was very much "actionable intelligence" not a sure thing.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.