Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Merchants & Marauders» Forums » Rules

Subject: If you port, are you considered in that sea zone? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Drew Gormley
United States
Northborough
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a lover of all things heavyweight strategy!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Simply put. If you port someplace, for purposes of hunts, are you considered in that sea zone? Will a hip ignore directional to move towards a ported ship meeting hunt reqs?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Kelly
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
Allow me to introduce myself. I am Hexachlorophene J. Goodfortune, Kidnapper-At-Large, and Devourer of Tortoises par Excellence, at your service.
badge
If you can read this, then this sentence is false.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, but you can't be scouted until you leave the port.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
Up Nort' Der
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
VAST: The...
badge
We must move forward, not backward, upward, not forward, and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
bchlax944 wrote:
Simply put. If you port someplace, for purposes of hunts, are you considered in that sea zone? Will a hip ignore directional to move towards a ported ship meeting hunt reqs?
Ports are considered part of their sea zone, so NPC ships in adjacent zones will still hunt for you.

They won't scout for you while you're in the port, but as soon as you try to leave the port they'll be parked there waiting for you.
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Falk the Kaiser
msg tools
Woelf wrote:
bchlax944 wrote:
Simply put. If you port someplace, for purposes of hunts, are you considered in that sea zone? Will a hip ignore directional to move towards a ported ship meeting hunt reqs?
Ports are considered part of their sea zone, so NPC ships in adjacent zones will still hunt for you.

They won't scout for you while you're in the port, but as soon as you try to leave the port they'll be parked there waiting for you.


But he will scout for you only when you enter the sea zone, or when you start your turn in the same sea zone. So ...
you start in the same sea zone - but can't be scouted at the start of your turn. Then .. you sail out from port, but you don't enter the sea zone .... and thus wouldn't be scouted for again.

(I know, I am ntpicking)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Abdullah Ibrahim - African River
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
kaiser_falk wrote:
But he will scout for you only when you enter the sea zone, or when you start your turn in the same sea zone. So ...
you start in the same sea zone - but can't be scouted at the start of your turn. Then .. you sail out from port, but you don't enter the sea zone .... and thus wouldn't be scouted for again.

(I know, I am ntpicking)

You're not only nitpicking, you're wrong. You can enter a sea zone either from an adjacent sea zone or from a port within that sea zone.

[edit] I realize you may have just been joking, but people come to the rules folders for information, and I think it's important to avoid clouding the issue. Many people have been confused by this particular rule and asked about it in various threads.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Jorgensen
Denmark
flag msg tools
kaiser_falk wrote:
Woelf wrote:
bchlax944 wrote:
Simply put. If you port someplace, for purposes of hunts, are you considered in that sea zone? Will a hip ignore directional to move towards a ported ship meeting hunt reqs?
Ports are considered part of their sea zone, so NPC ships in adjacent zones will still hunt for you.

They won't scout for you while you're in the port, but as soon as you try to leave the port they'll be parked there waiting for you.


But he will scout for you only when you enter the sea zone, or when you start your turn in the same sea zone. So ...
you start in the same sea zone - but can't be scouted at the start of your turn. Then .. you sail out from port, but you don't enter the sea zone .... and thus wouldn't be scouted for again.

(I know, I am ntpicking)


It is specifically mentioned on p.13 (1st coloumn in Scouting at "1)" ) - "(including moving from port out to sea)".

So it is only for determining Hunt Priorities, that a ship in port is considered to be in the sea-zone of that port.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.