Popular Tags: [View All]
Jean Comeau
Canada
Laval
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi all.

One suggestion that might interest you. How about putting only one cube for each category on your player's mat? I mean since you know that the first uncovered slot indicates your gains for each category (money, science and materials) why should you cover all the slots to the left side?

And of course if you mess it up somehow (a negative point for many of you) it becomes so much easier having to realign 3 cubes instead of 30...

Jean
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We had a player do this for his first game and he very easily lost track ("Did I move my cube on the track when I colonized that earlier?")

If you leave cubes on the track, it is almost impossible to make a mistake because you are adjusting the track with the same movement as putting the cube on the hex.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Seitz
United States
Glen Allen
VA
flag msg tools
badge
Like water spilled on the ground, which cannot be recovered, so we must die. But God does not take away life; instead, he devises ways so that a banished person may not remain estranged from him. 2 Sam 14:14
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a rare case for when the up front setup time is a great investment for later gameplay simplicity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Ramundi
Canada
Cornwall
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This was something I had thought of doing for faster setup perhaps, then having each player place the remaining cubes while others took their Actions (and after they knew what Action they were going to take, of course).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean Comeau
Canada
Laval
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi all.

I can see you guys don't mind putting all these cubes on your mats. That's ok with me.

When I think about it, I guess it is easier to move one cube from the mat to a planet (one step) instead of from your reserve and then moving your corresponding cube one slot leftward on your mat (two steps).

Have fun with the game, you lucky dogs! (said in the friendliest way possible).

Jean

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.