Subject: Omen on Lancer and Pistol says "Deal 1 wound" rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Julien Le Jeune
Belgium
Namur
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does that mean that it's a direct wound that ignore any shields rolled, or does it count as a wound that can be blocked by shields rolled?

It's the "Deal" word that's confusing me.

Also, I'm not english speaking so bear with me

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
No No No Sheep
Russia
St Petersburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
count as 1 wound, can be blocked by shield
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It counts as an extra wound (like if a bullet was rolled). The idea is that the omens on those weapons aren't great but aren't bad either, they just help overall. Some of the weapons omens seem cool but really suck. For example, if you throw a grenade and all 4 dice come up omens, your grenade did ZERO damage but it sure sealed that hole, even if there wasn't one.

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Le Jeune
Belgium
Namur
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys, I appreciate!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom H
Australia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Consistent with the answers about the Lancer/Snub-Pistol "Deal X wound(s)" against the TARGETTED FIGURE OF AN ATTACK is added to the attack total and thus can be blocked by the target's defense dice (already rolled as part of the attack).

But Locusts (Lambent Wretch, Boomer, Berserker or Ticker) and COGs (Hammer Of Dawn or Boomshot) can "Deal X wound(s)" to a figure that is NOT THE TARGET of an attack. In this case NO DEFENSE DICE ARE ROLLED for the being-wounded figure(s) and so being unopposed the wounds just go straight in.

Tickers can also wound the target of an attack in a way that ignores defense dice, this is very clearly noted on the Ticker's card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
You aren't the first to ask this. I really think the rule book should have two separate definitions: one for a "hit" and one for a "wound."

I would say that the Lancer and Snub Pistol's triggered effects deal one extra "hit," which can be blocked by a shield, and any unblocked "hits" result in "wounds."

The fact that they call two different things "wounds" in the rules is unnecessarily confusing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom H
Australia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've tried to summarise how this works in another "easy" way...

"Deal 1 Wound" never lets a victim ROLL defense dice... but the victim CAN USE any defense dice ALREADY ROLLED.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Le Jeune
Belgium
Namur
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys, I'm surprised you say it's been asked already, I didn't see it, sorry!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bubba P
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I count it as an automatic wound that cannot be blocked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy Bob
United States
Beachwood
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mb
[quote]"Deal 1 Wound" never lets a victim ROLL defense dice... but the victim CAN USE any defense dice ALREADY ROLLED.[/quote]

So if you roll all omens with the pistol or lancer, no dice are rolled?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since both Snub and Lancer are targetted attacks, the defender gets to roll his defense dice. If you roll 4 Omens on a Lancer overkill, that's the same as rolling 4 regular, single hits (effectively Snub and Lancer, due to their Omen as hit increases their chances of getting hits), blocked by any shields the defenders rolls.

What the quote you quoted is talking about are effects like Boomshot, where the Omen deals 1 dmg to all figures in the area, but only the target of the attack gets to roll defense dice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bubba P
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You are correct, of course. The rule book is pretty clear on this. I do agree with the OP that vocabulary like "hits" and "wounds" would have been preferable to help clarify even further.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.