Popular Tags: [View All]
Bryan Kinsella
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Howdy all - thanks for your support in making Mage Knight sell out in a MONTH - we of course are delighted (and suprised by the speed of sales) and want to thank everyone who has helped us! More info can be found here:

http://wizkidsgames.com/blog/2011/12/22/the-just-released-ma...

Bryan Kinsella
WizKids
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Dean
United States
Chicago
IL
flag msg tools
badge
Pound for pound, the amoeba is the most vicious predator on Earth!
mbmbmb
Thanks for producing this great game.

Does this mean we will be getting an expansion?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
I was curious if the reprint will include the revised manual?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David S.
United States
Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
V1 Rotate
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sold out a years supply in a month. I bet thats exciting for you guys. Congrats.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Takacs
Italy
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations to all involved.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Larsen
United States
Salt Lake City
UT
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bryan, you should know--and I'll bet I speak for a large majority of MK owners out there--that the single most influential factor in my decision to purchase was the incredible pre-release efforts of this great man:

Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb

I hope you have given him due credit and reward for his outstanding efforts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Yost
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just want to pile on to what Shane said - I follow Vlaada's work but when I saw the back of the box and the early previews for MK, I wasn't sure if I was interested. Paul's previews got me hooked and got me to preorder.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy Occhipinti
United States
Decorah
Iowa
flag msg tools
Magic Fanboy
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thedacker wrote:
Bryan, you should know--and I'll bet I speak for a large majority of MK owners out there--that the single most influential factor in my decision to purchase was the incredible pre-release efforts of this great man:

Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb

+1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oyvind Rolstad
Norway
Lillehammer
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmb
+ 1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jessey
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
I also purchased this and do not know what to do with it!
badge
I purchased this and do not know what to do with it!
mbmbmbmbmb
delirimouse wrote:
thedacker wrote:

Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

+1

+1 (and +1 more for his efforts convincing my fiance it was worth the expense since convincing her is 3/4 of the battle! -- PS she loves the game!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Kinsella
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
thedacker wrote:

Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

I don’t think I can say enough about Paul, Filip, the artists, graphic designers and others who have contributed so much to the success of the game (and of course Vlaada).

A couple of personal recollections - after 2 days of constant demoing of Mage Knight at Essen I lost my voice and both Paul and Filip at various times jumped in and helped without being asked (literally I would turn around and they were at the table teaching people the game for hours at a time). I would estimate Paul spent at least 12 hours of the show teaching the game to fair goers. At the end of the show we were hurting for boxes to pack stuff up and CGE folks and other publishers helped us in rounding up boxes and wrap and the like. These examples only scratch the surface of sacrifice and just overall kindness of the people I’ve interacted with on this project and it’s gratifying during this holiday season to be able to share this and have everyone know that it made a difference.

As to expansions/revisions etc – there’s nothing official but I think all parties would like to continue the path that’s been started.

Thanks again,

- Bryan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Jackson
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
aguynamedbry wrote:
As to expansions/revisions etc – there’s nothing official but I think all parties would like to continue the path that’s been started.

I have a wallet with money in it that will always be ready for expansions should they materialize! New Mage Knights, more cards, etc etc etc, these things I would happily buy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow. Thanks all so much for the comments.

However, Vlaada deserves the credit for how good the game is. I only got involved after the game was pretty much done. In fact, I only printed out my prototype after all the components (except the rulebook) had already gone to the printers. The amount of work that must have gone in before I got anywhere near it was tremendous.

I knew when Filip first told me about it that this game was something special. I am so glad that many others agree.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Hall
United Kingdom
Yate
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PaulGrogan wrote:

However, Vlaada deserves the credit for how good the game is. I only got involved after the game was pretty much done. In fact, I only printed out my prototype after all the components (except the rulebook) had already gone to the printers. The amount of work that must have gone in before I got anywhere near it was tremendous.

I knew when Filip first told me about it that this game was something special. I am so glad that many others agree.

Don't discount the influence your excellent preview threads had on people's desire to check the game out. I've not had a chance to do so yet but I have a sneaking suspicion that I'll be seeing this on Christmas morning and I doubt I'd have paid anywhere near as much attention to it without your efforts here on BGG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. S.
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
yehaaa - german language is planned. yes yes yes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filip Murmak
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
DreadFuzzy wrote:
PaulGrogan wrote:

Don't discount the influence your excellent preview threads had on people's desire to check the game out. I've not had a chance to do so yet but I have a sneaking suspicion that I'll be seeing this on Christmas morning and I doubt I'd have paid anywhere near as much attention to it without your efforts here on BGG.

Paul's just too humble to take the credit

As much as the game's brilliant (and I hope it's ok for me to say so now when it's not just me and Paul who's played it) it's also the devoted Paul's effort to promote the game which made many people to give it a shot. To me it felt like being back at Essen 2006 when we tried to convince everybody to buy this game called Through the Ages from a new company nobody ever heard of. It's nice to have such passion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thedacker wrote:

In my case it was largely down to Filip (who demo'd the game to me at Essen in his own free time). I think Paul was taking a short break at the time
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
artisan88 wrote:
aguynamedbry wrote:

I have a wallet with money in it that will always be ready for expansions should they materialize! New Mage Knights, more cards, etc etc etc, these things I would happily buy.

Same here. New Mage Knights would be awesome. I'd even buy a Mage Knight if they were sold individually
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe
United States
Maple Valley
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
glad i got my copy, even though it is held up in an order with last will and castles of bugandy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jürgen Stein
Germany
Neumarkt
Bavaria
flag msg tools
mbmb

Now if that isn't a reason for 1, 2 or 3 expansions then i don't know what else is... :O

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes Albani
Germany
Achern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Who will be the Publisher for the German Version? Will WizKiz publish the other langurages, or will it go to e.g. Heidelberger?
I am just courious which website (besides bgg) to follow to get all the news about the release date...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
juan c marquez
Mexico
ZAPOPAN
JALISCO
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Any chance of a spanish version?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Busi
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And don't forget the italian market!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Young
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
Old Ways Are Best!
badge
Check Six!
mbmbmbmbmb
aguynamedbry wrote:
...As to expansions/revisions etc – there’s nothing official but I think all parties would like to continue the path that’s been started...Bryan

Given the response this game has generated, and the brisk sales, I can't think why Wiz Kids would not being interested in continuing this project. The expansion opportunities are endless: New characters (Solvani?), new sites (different Cities, etc. etc.), new units, spells, deed cards, tiles - the list goes on and on. Dungeon tiles using cave entrances or whatever, along with new races of monsters (drawing more on the original Mage Knight universe - Mage Spawn for example) - the possibilities are endless.

Wiz Kids are no stranger to the various licenses there are for printing money. This will surely be another that I can't imagine them passing on...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any chance for a french version ? Thank's for any info !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.