Popular Tags: [View All]
Keith Searfoss
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've read the through the rules a few times (well written, by the way), and with all but one question have found the answers I needed either in the rules or in the FAQ. I've dug through other rules threads and can't find the answer, so forgive me if this is a duplicate.

In the rules (pg. 13, Build section, bullet point 2), the following restriction is listed: "each hex may only have one Monolith and Orbital"

The syntax is just off enough to lead to this question: Is one limited to one of these improvements per hex, or one of each?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Ramundi
Canada
Cornwall
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One of each.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David S.
United States
Des Moines
Iowa
flag msg tools
V1 Rotate
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the key word is and. If it had said or then it would be one or the other.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Searfoss
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Malekous wrote:
I think the key word is and. If it had said or then it would be one or the other.

While I would normally agree, the syntax leaves a little bit of ambiguity. "each hex may only have one Monolith and Orbital"

An "or" would certainly make it clearer if one structure could be built.

But having both the words "only" and "one" in the sentence leads me to believe that only one structure may be built per hex. Hence the question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Speare
United States
Bedford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
tee hee, that tickles!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a similar concern, although I figured one of each was the intent. "...one Monolith and one Orbital" would I think be better wording. The rulebook wording is just a bit off, which always invites doubt.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Chuckle
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can build a Orbital, Monolith and Starbase all in the same hex.

I was confused by the bad choice of words also, but figured the "and" meant you could build both.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gino Daveggio
United States
San Mateo
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you build in an empty hex or do you need to have a planet?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas NORMAND
France
Nantes
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can build on an influenced hex, with or without planets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.