Andrew Wodzianski
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Painter - Player
mbmbmbmbmb
Risk takers,
My gaming group of five Risk enthusiasts finally tore open our copy of Risk Legacy last night. We completed the first two games. We were well versed with the rules beforehand (thanks to the PDF files) and everyone was experienced with the objective based conditions of Risk Revised.

Still, we did not anticipate such short games.

The four star winning condition in Risk Legacy can make for quick games in the beginning. We expect game time to stretch as the board transforms. Until then, it's best to appreciate that four stars can be quick to achieve. In our cases, both games were won before the 6th round.

Considering the first game grants each player two stars from the beginning, acquiring two more for the win is not a stretch. Especially for blood hungry players. These first two games (at least) reward the aggressor and frown on the more conservative player. Sack an opponent's capital, buy a star with four resource cards - and the win is your's!

Our first winner achieved his fourth star after depleting the coin pile and having the most territories. Our second winner achieved his fourth star after cashing in seven coins for an army that marched into South America for a third capital sack.

Fast, furious, and fun. We're looking forward to our third game (and hopefully fourth) in January. Good gaming everybody!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan S.
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
Names and numbers.
badge
I haven't changed this in years and I don't intend to start now.
mbmbmbmbmb
I really liked that the first games were like that. However, we played our 11th game on Tuesday, and the person who learned the "aggressor always wins" lesson well attempted to do that, while I played a bit more conservatively.

Suffice it to say, without spoilers, that Risk Legacy simulates world building well. In the beginning, your little tribal skirmishes are over quickly, and the person who beat his chest the most wins.

As you build up your world, however, planning and supply chains matter a heck of a lot more.

Still fun, but much longer games!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Wodzianski
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Painter - Player
mbmbmbmbmb
metaridley18 wrote:
I really liked that the first games were like that. However, we played our 11th game on Tuesday, and the person who learned the "aggressor always wins" lesson well attempted to do that, while I played a bit more conservatively.

Suffice it to say, without spoilers, that Risk Legacy simulates world building well. In the beginning, your little tribal skirmishes are over quickly, and the person who beat his chest the most wins.

As you build up your world, however, planning and supply chains matter a heck of a lot more.

Still fun, but much longer games!

I can't wait! I'm super excited to reign hell and revenge on my early losses. Though technically, I "held on" twice...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.