Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kirk Mathes
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For the Raid on Deathstrike dragon, the rules under the time-out section say that if the last strikes are inconclusive, that you then check if the dragon has advanced farther than the futhest ahead mortal. If he has, he wins.

But it stops there. It doesn't actually say, if the mortals had advanced further, than they win. I sort of took this as implied. Am I missing something again? Or just trying to read too much into it, and it's actually a draw?

Thanks again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Sirlin
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
It says "the tie is broken" by who advanced furthest, so if the farthest forward mortal advanced more than the dragon, then the mortals win. (They broke the tie.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Mathes
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the prompt response David, really appreciate the support you give for your games.

I found your PDF of the rules on your site, and the exact phrasing is:

"If neither of those happen, the tie is broken by whether the
Dragon advanced farther than the farthest-forward mortal. If they
advanced the same amount, the game is a draw."

So it doesn't seem to actually say that it's broken by 'whoever advances farther' to my understanding, just if the Dragon advanced farther than the mortals.

Either way, I understand now, so thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.