Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peaceful Gamin'
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
designer
You found our Geekbadge Overtext. Congratulations! :-)
badge
Gaming is fun. And this is a hypercube. The sun is shining
mbmbmbmbmb
If I move my gnome into an empty room to fix the room, and then while my timer keeps up with the ghost timer in the update phase says "leak" , and I roll the room I'm now it, what happens?

1) I immediately die

2) I can do nothing (the planned action cannot be resolved, since it cennot happen in a fully flooded room, and my time is wasted

3) I can change what I would like to do, and instead open a hatch to a neighbouring room

4) Since I just moved into this room, the hatch is still open, and 2 rooms are now partially flooded, and my Ghost timer automatically adds +2, and any itmes drawn then also hvave to be resolved.

5) Same as 4), but I simply don't have enough time to fullfill the action, and my time is wasted

6) I finish all actioons as planned, and presume the leak happened after I finsihed all my actions this turn.

We played either 6 or 4.
What did you do?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you're playing the game wrong. First you move to where you want to go, for 1 minute per door and 1 minute per flooded room entered. Then when you are at your destination, you choose your action, choose how many minuted to spend on that action, roll the die (adjusting for any items used), and resolve the action if you passed. Throughout all this, the ghost marker is being used to keep track how much time it all is taking.

After the action is resolved you now start moving your colored marker up the track, drawing a card or an item when you are supposed to. Whenever a card is drawn, you immediately resolve it. You continue until you resolved all the events up to where the ghost marker is, then your turn is over.

So it is not possible for a leak to pop up before or during your action. Your action will already be resolved before any of the event cards are drawn. If your room floods during the events after your turn, then either another character opens one of the doors for you to drain some of the water out, or on your next turn, you open a hatch to drain some of the water out. If all the hatches are barred, or next to other flooded rooms at high level, and there is nowhere for you to move to, then you die.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Patten
United States
Cypress
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
No, no, I'm fine. How are you?
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with DoomTurtle. Per the revised rules, page 14:

Quote:
Phase 4: Updates

There are two steps to follow in this phase:

1. Check if the active gnome kicks the bucket.
2. Advance the Time Keeper and resolve Event and Draw Item Markers.

Checking for death is done after actions and before the flooding event is rolled, so the active gnome cannot die that turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peaceful Gamin'
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
designer
You found our Geekbadge Overtext. Congratulations! :-)
badge
Gaming is fun. And this is a hypercube. The sun is shining
mbmbmbmbmb
Merci beaucoup.

Yes, we did indeed follow up with the self token up to the ghost token's position, but we also retraced the gnomes steps, and looked where the little bugger was, to see if any of the events drawn *in that position* effect what it could do. So, if a fire broke out or flooding occurred, we simply had the turn go to waste, but advanced to the final position and not had the gnome killed.
Which also made us wonder what the ghost track keeper was used for, as we effectively didn't need it.

Your suggestion makes more sense (and simplifies the winning for those that don't bail last minute arrrh ). First, move, act, etc, then simply draw events and items afterward.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.