Combat Commander: Europe» Forums » General

Subject: What's in store for CC? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tycho Terziev
Bulgaria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, we fought alongside the French, British and the Italian, we lived through the hell of Stalingrad, we got slaughtered in the beaches of Normandy, we tasted New Guinea and we joined the ranks of the partisans. That is hell lot of material , but I feel that there is still Ooomph! left in the series. In a previous thread Foley mentioned that two more expansions/battlepacks are in the works/planned , describing one of them as " a humongous monster". Could it be a boxed expansion for Pacific? A man can dream... Also it seems that there is a strong possibility for more partisan stuff.

So, what ground CC hasn't covered yet? What more would you like to see realised through the system ? Will we hold the Desert Rats in our hands someday? Personally I would like to see a campaign book or two

P.S. I don't really seek official answers. This thread is purely for the fun of speculation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Szarka
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
When it is your turn to send a VASSAL move, the wait is excruciating. When it's my turn, well, I've been busy.
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw murmurings somewhere about a Spanish Civil War module. I wasn't sure whether that was just somebody's fantasy or if it had actually been discussed, but it would be interesting.

I also think the system could be pushed into the Korean War without significant problems. That would be cool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim F
United Kingdom
Birmingham
West Midlands
flag msg tools
Who knew trench warfare could be such fun?
badge
Ashwin in front of Tiger 131
mbmbmbmbmb

I think, apart from scenario packs, this has run its course. I speak as somebody who loves the game but l can't believe if there was much left to do that they would have gone with Partisans.

My own personal vote would be the Arab-Isreali wars. Or perhaps that would just be a catastrophe...whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Morgan
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In another thread it was mentioned by Kai that a Polish expansion was coming after a few users went off the deep-end about the lack of Polish partisan representation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simone dalla Chiesa
Italy
Cassina de' Pecchi
Milano
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Check the Resistance pages: a Warsaw Uprising expansion is officially in the making.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Confusion Under Fire
United Kingdom
Warrington
Cheshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Freelunchpirate wrote:

So, what ground CC hasn't covered yet? What more would you like to see realised through the system ? Will we hold the Desert Rats in our hands someday? Personally I would like to see a campaign book or two

I think because the Desert war was fought over expanses of desert and other flattish terrain and was therefore was ideal tank country that we might not see CC cover this aspect of the war.

I would like to see Operation Sealion, after a successful German landing "The bells they are a ringing" Home Guard V Elite German Paratroopers.

Combat Commander in Space! (If they can do it with ASL then why not CC)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If they could create scenarios based on certain operations that would be cool in my opinion. Perhaps a group of scenarios based on the Raid of Ste. Nazaire would be fun or even scenarios based on Black Hawk Down.
Another course of action they could take is shift the war to Vietnam.
The way I see it, as long as you have ideas, the possabilities are endless.
Another idea would be scenarios that include tanks, but that idea was shot down before it even had a chance to fly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Freelunchpirate wrote:
So, we fought alongside the French, British and the Italian, we lived through the hell of Stalingrad, we got slaughtered in the beaches of Normandy, we tasted New Guinea and we joined the ranks of the partisans.

Aren't you tired yet? What else do you want?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Workman
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I think, apart from scenario packs, this has run its course. I speak as somebody who loves the game but l can't believe if there was much left to do that they would have gone with Partisans.

The partisans were neither an afterthought, nor are they the bottom of the barrel. I saw preliminary materials for e partisans at a con before Pacific came out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
davide pessach
Israel
Tel Aviv
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well well...I would love to see the game series proceed in two branches: real history and "alternative".
The first branch would scream for Vietnam, arab-israel wars, spanish civil war and so on...
The second one could go for an hipothetical sealion operation and then could go on the base of discussions had here on BGG...that would be great fun just to open it to discussion.

This game has so much potential still untapped I would love to work in the developing team; too bad I live far away... :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrythesecond
United Kingdom
Camborne
Cornwall
flag msg tools
badge
A future player sleeps...
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got Europe and Med, but the Pacific AO doesn't really ring my bell.

However, Vietnam and the Middle East would certainly attract my attention and my cash.

As a Brit, something on the Falklands would be a special treat, but I admit it would have a low-interest value to pretty much everyone else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♬♪♪ ♫ ♩ ♫♫♪ ♩♬♪ ♫
Australia
MURRUMBEENA
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
All reality is a game. Physics at its most fundamental, the very fabric of our universe, results directly from the interaction of certain fairly simple rules, and chance... (Iain Banks)
mbmbmbmbmb

A Patton in Flames style game of the western allies (pre-NATO) vs the "Russians", circa 1950.

Otherwise, there's a lot of material from the Japanese invasion of China.

Algeria?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Montgomery
United States
Joliet
Illinois
flag msg tools
Dear Geek: Please insert the wittiest comment you can think of in this text pop-up. Then times it by seven.
badge
The Coat of Arms of Clan Montgomery - Scotland. Yes, that's a woman with the head of a savage in her hand, and an anchor. No clue what it means, but it's cool.
mbmbmbmbmb
In no particular order except that the Modern Warfare would probably be last:

Spanish Civil War
North Africa
Russian Civil War

A "Modern Warfare" Module Exploring any of the following:
(a) Vietnam
(b) Korea
(c) Russian Occupation of Afghanistan, or
(d) Various U.S. and U.N. expeditions - Somalia, Guatemala, Serbia.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Duensing
United States
Bartlett
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the Vietnam war would be interesting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.