Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Sheets
United States
Lebanon
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I understand the rules about setting up colonies, but I want to make sure. There was some argument on how it was done, in the last game I played in.

If I transport a colony to an island group on turn five I have to wait until the end of the Building Step in turn six to set it up. Is that correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin McPartland
United States
Jessup
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
Oliver Hazard Perry leader counter from Amateurs, To Arms! by Clash of Arms Games.
badge
Warrior Band counter for Conquest of Paradise by GMT Games.
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that you're reading more into this than there is! CoP is all about what's on the map right now- you never need to "keep track" of anything.

If you have a colony in a place where it can be traded in for a village during the "Convert Colonies" part of the Building Step (see the Charts and Tables on the player aid card), then do it. Simple as that.

The typical sequence is: Build a colony. Move the colony in the following Movement & Combat Step to an empty island. Convert the colony into a village in the following Building Step.

And by the way, there aren't any turn numbers in the game!

Hope this helps,

Kevin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Sheets
United States
Lebanon
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the quick response. I know that this game doesn't use turn numbers. I added them to try and make my example clearer, and ended up doing just the opposite.

I have some war games with some very complicated rules. I haven't played any of them in a long time, but every once in a while, when I read a rules set that is very strait forward, I look at it and say it can't be that easy can it? In this case it was. Easy is good I don't have the time, or the energy, to play some of the games that I own.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Johns
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
srob99 wrote:
I have some war games with some very complicated rules. I haven't played any of them in a long time, but every once in a while, when I read a rules set that is very strait forward, I look at it and say it can't be that easy can it? In this case it was. Easy is good I don't have the time, or the energy, to play some of the games that I own.

I agree. I like the game quite a bit. Easy is GOOD. I don't mind a long set of rules, as long as they are able to be digested.

Good comments, Rob, and great game, Kevin.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin McPartland
United States
Jessup
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
Oliver Hazard Perry leader counter from Amateurs, To Arms! by Clash of Arms Games.
badge
Warrior Band counter for Conquest of Paradise by GMT Games.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the support, gentlemen!

Quote:
Easy is good I don't have the time, or the energy, to play some of the games that I own.

That's were I'm at, too. CoP was designed to be played!

Enjoy the game,

Kevin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.