Super Dungeon Explore» Forums » General

Subject: Custom Dungeon needs lava, crystals and sh*t =) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
F. S.
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I´m busy building a modular dungeon for our SDE games and looking for small terrain pieces to make it look a little more fancy.

I thought buying some nice lava or crytsal bases for miniatures would be a nice catch but finding something which just needs to be painted is not as easy as i hoped =)

Does anyone here know about stuff like lava bases, crystals, mushrooms and sh*t which would fit in a SDE dungeon ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sochan

Rhode Island
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Would these work?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
F. S.
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
the flames look kind of too "techy" but these from gf9 http://www.gf9.com/hobby.aspx?art_id=3000 look really good !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jenny Nguyen
Australia
Bungarribee
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Plus 1 (stupid phone doesn't have the symbol!) for Gale Force 9 crystals which come in blue, green and red. For mushrooms, I know Reaper miniatures sell packs of Mushroom Men (they look evil) as well as actual packs of clusters of mushrooms.

You could look at Hirst Art Molds if you want to put the extra effort in. There are molds for all different types of dungeon floors, crystals, pillars, doors etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan S.
Canada
Montréal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to make sure, are you looking for premade lava/crystal/shroom scenics bases to rebase the game characters or for scenery/terrain elements to decorate your dungeon ?

In the first case, I suggest you have a look at this page :
https://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Resin_Bases
which lists a lot of miniature scenic resin bases manufacturers with quite a lot of themed bases available, some of which will probably fit your taste.

If you are looking for dungeon scenery then there are also quite a lot of companies that manufacture such items. I myself have a few shroom patches from Reaper Miniatures and I cast my own crystals from HirstArts molds but you should also check out other companies like Dwarven Forge, Grendel, Mega Miniatures, Thomarillion, Fenris....and a plethora of others. Some of them might be a bit too realistic compared to the SD style of SDE but I guessa good paintjob might make them fit your dungeon quite nicely

Hope it helps !

J.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Katana
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Look at real crystals and synthetics from Jewelry catalogs ( like Fire Mountain Gems and Rio Grande) also in the arts and crafts stores, you'll find stuff that are good fits...I was thinking I should be able to find red translucent heartshaped beads...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.