Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sean Chick (Formerly Paul O'Sullivan)
United States
New Orleans
Louisiana
flag msg tools
designer
Fag an bealac! Riam nar druid ar sbarin lann! Cuimhnigidh ar Luimnech agus feall na Sassonach! Erin go Bragh! Remember Limerick! Remember Ireland and Fontenoy!
badge
Well, I'm afraid it'll have to wait. Whatever it was, I'm sure it was better than my plan to get out of this by pretending to be mad. I mean, who would have noticed another madman round here?
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone used any of these decks?

http://duneccg.com/deck_library.htm

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JP
Canada
Lethbridge
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Sean,

I have not, but when Andras gets the plug-in done for OCTGN I hope to find some people to play with online. My first few decks will probably be based on a couple of the basic ones in order to get back into the swing of things. One of the decks I'm thinking right off the bat is the "Classic Atreides" deck from that webpage - it uses only the cards from EOTs, which are the ones that I am most familiar with.

JP
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauli Vinni
Finland
Espoo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played agains some and there is one of my old deck too on the list :-) Allthough it has chanced a guite a bit after releasing my list. But they are guite good decks. For example Ilkka Holm is one of those persons that is keen on finding guite proken card combinations :-)
So I would recommended of looking his designs and make you own variation!
The other decs are allso good, so they can be very educative!
Some of them are missing the Thunder at Twiligh cards, but that is not a big problem.

To make good deck to Dune you have to consider at least following things:
1) Spice! How to get it!
2) Solaris (so you can get and protect you spice)
3) Petition (how to win without spending too much solaris)
4) How to hinder your opponents
5) size (smaller is faster, but may be wulnerable) Small deck is good, but it can not do everything. Consentrate
6) spice! How to get it quick in one turn! If you have a lot of it, every opponent will hit you hard! You have to come from 1-3 spice to 10 spice in one round! Policy of opression for using Dune many times and cards that allow you to reveal multiple events in round or cards that allow you to buy multible times from guild bank and cards that allow you to reveal multible events in round, or cards that allow you to steal spice :-) Or card that make so much havoc to other players that they can not keep up with you in the long run... or something else. Dune is full of potential ways od harming your opponents!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bolton
England
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
nothing to see here, move along
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes

Tried "Cheap deck", "Water Sellers Budget" & Harkonnen War of Assassin Deck" many times in 3 player games.

"Cheap deck" wins most, "Harkonnen WoA" can also win (even without rites), "Water Sellers" almost never wins (I plan to try a different water sellers deck).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JP
Canada
Lethbridge
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nickbolton wrote:
"Water Sellers" almost never wins (I plan to try a different water sellers deck).

You should ask Konstantine Thoukydides (dbzero) if he can show you the Water Sellers deck that he used against me and another player. He wiped everybody with the floor...it took awhile to build up, but once it did it was almost unstoppable.

JP
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bolton
England
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
nothing to see here, move along
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jpmarchant wrote:
nickbolton wrote:
"Water Sellers" almost never wins (I plan to try a different water sellers deck).

You should ask Konstantine Thoukydides (dbzero) if he can show you the Water Sellers deck that he used against me and another player. He wiped everybody with the floor...it took awhile to build up, but once it did it was almost unstoppable.

JP

I would but his profile seems tio be inactive and never used since the day he registered in 2010 cry

Divide by Zero
msg tools

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JP
Canada
Lethbridge
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Try this one:

http://boardgamegeek.com/user/DbZer0
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantinos Thoukydidis
Luxembourg
Esch-sur-Alzette
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jpmarchant wrote:
nickbolton wrote:

JP

Btw, this is the game of which JP speaks of

http://dbzer0.com/blog/epic-5-hour-dune-ccg-game-on-octgn
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.