5 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Press Releases

Subject: CPU Wars - A Trump Card Game by Geeks for Geeks rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
CPU Wars
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hi everyone, I'm new to BGG and one of my backers on kickstarter said that I should definitely post about my project here

I'm Harry and I'm the creator of CPU Wars. CPU Wars is a trump card game by geeks for geeks and it's the most fun you can have with CPU specs. I've selected 30 CPUs from the last 40 years and give the players the chance to go head to head and compare things like bus speeds and manufacturing processes.

It's received great coverage from gizmodo, pcworld, engadget, laughing squid, the register and they all call it the geekiest/nerdiest card game ever

My campaign on kickstarter ends in about 20 hours so check it out here http://kck.st/uwAcFN. You can also check the official page www.cpuwarsthegame.com

Thanks,
Harry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lol, are the decks going to come in antistatic bags, as in the demo video? That would be awesome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Runs with scissors
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
The die is cast.
badge
You say OCD like it's a bad thing.
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it safe to assume that you've already submitted the game for entry into the database here?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Timothy
Canada
Uxbridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you considered the issue of copyright on those cpu's? Would they not all be protected under some form of copyright or patent by their owning companies?

I don't know if this would be an issue. I hope you've got it sorted out already!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CPU Wars
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
@Tim Of course! Only for kickstarter backers though. The deck with the tuck box will be in the ESD bag
@autumnweave I will do today
@Jeff I looked extensively into copyrights and have taken some small precautions to be safe. That being said I don't believe I'm breaching any copyrights or trademarks since my game is more of a "reference tool". Basically you run into problems when you use the name to pretend to be someone else (e.g. if I called the game Intel Wars I would have a problem) or to damage someone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.