Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Wood
United States
Darien
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was wondering if Through the Ages would scratch the same itch as games like Agricola and Le Havre. Your thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Brosius
United States
Needham Heights
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
My favorite 18xx game for six players is two games of 1846 with three players each.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm biased because I like Through the Ages: A Story of Civilization better than any of Uwe Rosenberg's games (though I do like some of his games.)

However, I'd say they are not quite the same. To me, Through the Ages: A Story of Civilization is a lot more thematic (I know this is a matter of feel and not of logic) while Rosenberg's games are more streamlined.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Fox
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
Question everything
mbmbmbmbmb
There is also Uwe's new game Ora et Labora, should be in your FLGS and available online first week of January. It has a lot in common with Le Harve (tons of resource types, buildings, etc). If you like Le Harve you'll certainly like Ora & Labora, and it adds some of its own twists as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Teo
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
alternatively, you can try it online first
http://www.boardgaming-online.com/

then see how you feel

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Myoman wrote:
I was wondering if Through the Ages would scratch the same itch as games like Agricola and Le Havre. Your thoughts?

I'm the opposite of Eric, I love Agricola and Loyang, but did not care for Through the Ages at all. I don't see one as scratching the same itch as the other, at least not by the same person (though I'm sure there are some people who like both).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Hanning
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
We will meet at the Hour of Scampering.
mbmbmbmbmb
Through the Ages is not a substitute for any game, but it is a replacement for many.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.