Subject: I'm Missing a White Coin in My New Copy ... Replacement Ideas? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Overland Park
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought a new in shrink copy of Helvetia from another BGG member and it was missing one of the white coins. I am using an larger, unpainted wood token for a stand in for the moment. Any ideas on where I might get a replacement? Normally I would contact the publisher, but this game is German only and doesn't have a US distributor/publisher to contact. I'm fine with finding a similar sized wood disc and painting it white, but so far I cannot find a source for this. I'm thinking of buying a wood dowel and sawing off a coin sized piece from that and painting that up, but would prefer the ready to use option if I can find one.

FYI. The wood coins in the game measure about 1" diameter (25mm) and 3/8" thick (5mm).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I doubt you would have a problem after contacting Kosmos. I've had several european companies send me missing parts from overseas.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EXTRA AVOCADO! Sonderegger
United States
Folsom
CA
flag msg tools
designer
Shall I compare thee to a chevrolet?
badge
...the headlamps of your eyes will make them dream.
mbmbmbmbmb
If you find the kosmos contact information, I need it too. I had a badly punched tile and the back of one of the buildings is marked. :/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The "Kontakt" link on kosmos.de gives SpieleService@kosmos.de as an address.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Overland Park
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the info. I'll give that a shot.

Edit to Update:
I received a reply from Kosmos that they will be sending a replacement piece. I had to run the reply through Google Translate to read it, but I am fairly certain that was their reply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Overland Park
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Update. I received a complete replacement set of white coins from Ludo Fact along a with a nice letter stating that they were sorry for the inconvenience. I'm happy to see such good customer service from both Kosmos Verlag and Ludo Fact.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.