Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Jenkins
United States
Riverside
California
flag msg tools
mb
Just got my copy of Eclipse today, can't wait to play it. The thing that immediately struck me out of the box is how nice all the pieces are. The hex map tiles are larger than I expected at 3 and a half inches across, even the box feels like thicker cardboard than I am used to for a game box. And including 10 empty plastic and 2 cloth bags for the pieces was a fantastic touch more companies should do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Topi Paavilainen
msg tools
mbmb
I agree. Many people complain about the ships, but I like them very much. They're made from good hard plastic and their simple design is perfect for Eclipse's elegant style.

And wooden pieces are always nice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jenkins
United States
Riverside
California
flag msg tools
mb
Got everything sorted out, Out of 900+ pieces, I was missing one blue interceptor.

I too like the ships, they look generic sure, but they aren't flimsy and falling apart like some of the more detailed but overall cheaper feeling stuff I see in other games I own like Chaos in the Old World and Runewars.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volker S.
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tobsi wrote:
I agree. Many people complain about the ships, but I like them very much. They're made from good hard plastic and their simple design is perfect for Eclipse's elegant style.

The overall design and quality is really good. I don't like the ships, but that's my bad... What I really complain about is, that although the space station is a ship, it did not get an appropriate plastic piece.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Bigmore
England
Abingdon
Oxon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
VolkoV wrote:
What I really complain about is, that although the space station is a ship, it did not get an appropriate plastic piece.

True, but on the other hand it's a piece that cannot move, like the monoliths and orbitals. So being a cardboard token works from a gameplay angle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Williams
United States
Doral
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Plus the box is deep enough to comfortably hold a Plano box or two.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.