BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Discussing Retailers

Subject: CCG Armory - stay away from them rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Battle Star
Australia
flag msg tools
Just wanted to post feedback on the games retailer: CCG Armory

My experience was I ordered 3 products with express international shipping to Australia. They charged me the express shipping but sent it via the regular mail. I sent them an email asking for a refund on the overcharge, no response. Sent a follow up, no response. Sent another follow up no response (it's been 3 weeks).

I then posted on their Facebook wall asking them to investigate the order and they deleted the post, again with no response.

Worst customer service I've ever received. Stay away!! This is their website: http://www.ccgarmory.com/

Still no refund, got charged express shipping and got the parcels 10 days late.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Lee
Australia
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the heads up. Non communicative sellers are the worst.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sadly they've had a pretty bad name for a while - I can't recall ever hearing anyone who had a good experience with them. They're basically awful. Shame you had to find out first-hand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance
United States
Moorhead
Minnesota
flag msg tools
The coolest best thing I have ever done in my life is being a father
badge
The Dread Pirate Caleb!! (age 2)
mbmbmbmbmb
wytefang wrote:
Sadly they've had a pretty bad name for a while - I can't recall ever hearing anyone who had a good experience with them. They're basically awful. Shame you had to find out first-hand.

Yup - I don't think I have ever seen anyone post anything appreciable about them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"This is a really weird game, and you’ll find that most people will not want to play this."
mb
Well, I ordered 1 item from them in 2011, and they messed up that order. Although I guess to give them credit, after I called them they did put it right and sent out the proper item fairly quickly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
UndeadViking wrote:

Yup - I don't think I have ever seen anyone post anything appreciable about them.

They are my exclusive on line source. 3-4 times a year. I have never had anything but excellent service. I've always gotten what I needed and questions answered immediately.

Once, a mini came broken. They replaced it and never asked for the broken one back.

After having problems with other online retailers, I've bought from them exclusively for the past 5 years, excepting special sales.

As far as I am concerned, they have blown away every other online dealer in price, selection and service.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Wilsey
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
You are the first. Ordered from twice and both orders were frought with issues. Not shipping in timely manner (8 days after order) and arriving poorly packaged (crunched using an old box to ship). The second damaged due to NO packing material. Email responses never occurred.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Boyle
United States
Indiana
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MarcJWaters wrote:
I stay away from them for completely different reasons. The last three times I ordered from them, I ordered products that they said were in stock (harder to find stuff). They charged my card, and I get an email three days later saying that they are out of it. THey tell you that more are on the way, but usually, given this site, I know better.

I told them that there is no excuse for this three times in a row, and their response is that they "Don't have an amazon-like warehouse." Its just frustrating.

I can second this kind of treatment when looking for hard to find items. Happened twice in a month, I stay away now. He did offer a 10% discount up $2.50 off .... then I used that on my second order, and it got butchered. Oh well Ill just stick to the normal places.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Finkelstein
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
battlestar6 wrote:
Just wanted to post feedback on the games retailer: CCG Armory

My experience was I ordered 3 products with express international shipping to Australia. They charged me the express shipping but sent it via the regular mail. I sent them an email asking for a refund on the overcharge, no response. Sent a follow up, no response. Sent another follow up no response (it's been 3 weeks).

I then posted on their Facebook wall asking them to investigate the order and they deleted the post, again with no response.

Worst customer service I've ever received. Stay away!! This is their website: http://www.ccgarmory.com/

Still no refund, got charged express shipping and got the parcels 10 days late.

What you do when dealing with crappy retailers like this is dispute the entire charge. That'll get their attention pretty quick. Tell the credit card company the truth, that you did not get what you paid for (express shipping).

In general, if crappy retailers started getting hit with chargebacks every time they sent damaged merchandise or otherwise screwed their customers, they'd either shape up or disappear.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CCG Armory
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
CCG Armory has been in business for 8 years for a reason, we take good care of our customers. If any customers contacts us and let us know that they have an issue we will take care of it. I encourage the person who posted to the email above to contact me. I could not find any posting on our facebook page and can't tie the user name to an order, so I dont' know their situation -but I want to help.

i can be contacted at alex@ccgarmory.com or at this bgg email.

Alex
CCGArmory.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance
United States
Moorhead
Minnesota
flag msg tools
The coolest best thing I have ever done in my life is being a father
badge
The Dread Pirate Caleb!! (age 2)
mbmbmbmbmb
Geosphere wrote:
UndeadViking wrote:

They are my exclusive on line source. 3-4 times a year. I have never had anything but excellent service. I've always gotten what I needed and questions answered immediately.

Once, a mini came broken. They replaced it and never asked for the broken one back.

After having problems with other online retailers, I've bought from them exclusively for the past 5 years, excepting special sales.

As far as I am concerned, they have blown away every other online dealer in price, selection and service.

Well now I have!

It's cool that you have gotten excellent service from them, and it's good that you post such things. Two sides to every story and all that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice bags!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Added to OLGS Geeklist: http://boardgamegeek.com/listitem/1183808?commentid=2596553#...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mabb Queen
Australia
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just ordered from them recently, and I found them to be perfectly all right. In fact, they were out of stock on something and sent an email suggesting a perfectly acceptable replacement which I appreciated. I did have a slight problem with shipping charges; I contacted them and they fixed it for me, no hassles. They did take a bit of time to ship, but: 1) I knew this might be the case and wasn't in a rush 2) it was a large order during the holiday season rush 3) their prices made it worthwhile in this case.

I would order from them again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AKQJX
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
By sheer luck I came across this thread. I just placed two orders with CCG Armory as a first time customer after seeing only a few positive reviews on Yahoo shopping. My first was for around $30 plus a very reasonable priority shipping charge. Placed the order on 12/19, got an email within hours that summarized the order correctly and included a tracking number. Just checking that now USPS says it'll arrive today. That's only four days, but I haven't seen the condition of the package yet. I'll post again when I get it open.

Keep in mind that their store is in Maryland, USA. I've sold quite alot of things myself internationally and those shipments are a pain. You have to fill out customs forms and drop packages off at the P.O. in person, and it is difficult to track and insure international shipments at acceptable costs. Then of course there's lots of different carriers involved in a single shipment, so you are taking on the risks once it leaves the seller's hands.

Without having received the first order I went ahead and placed another one for over $200, based on their previous performance (in progress) and the price and selection they have that can't be beat (almost a third off retail list on nearly everything). That being said, I'm not so pleased with their site construction and layout. It's fine if you know what you want, items are scattered around without detailed descriptions and if something's sold out it's mentioned in the item's title, but you can still place an order as if it's not. Seems to be updated all by hand, so as Alex said, don't go there expecting an Amazon shopping experience as if warehouses of goods can be dispensed like it's coming from vending machines. And anyway, those things get stuck sometimes too!

Thanks for posting here, Alex, it shows you guys care, and I won't worry about my order.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Foster
United States
Davenport
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've ordered from them once so I cant say anything really besides my one experience. I ordered pots of citadel washes I could not find anywhere else they were shipped quickly and professionally, with no issues on damage or poor paint quality. Two sides indeed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Fischer

Leavenworth
Kansas
msg tools
Boycott... Boycott... until they respond to your complaint!
Reverend Mark Fischer
St Martin Lutheran Church
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, another in a series of public castrations. Very f'ing sad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AKQJX
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: CCG Armory - so far quite happy with them
Following up, priority envelope arrived with everything exactly as I ordered, with two types of card sleeves in the right quantities and new as new.can be. Biggest problem for me is that I talked myself into sleeving 1500 cards plus more on the way. These things are sold everywhere and I surfed around aggressively but kept coming back to CCG Armory for those and what I wanted later.

I suspect they are getting a raw deal here, but I'm new to BGG and looking in this retailer experience forum I see many people who have their top shops nailed down. But I'm going to back these folks for my needs. I'm just restarting a board game collection after being away from it for years, though I'm a serious online spender and so far CCG Armory has been great. I've done it all without even setting up an account with them. Paypal alone worked for me but it might take longer for them to ship while funds clear the fraud checks. Try a browse deeper into their catalog, it starts to get bigger and more unique the further you dig.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
This Guy
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I've ordered from them a few times over the years. No complaints here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CCG Armory
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Thanks to all who have shared their positive experiences. I will point out that the person who made the original post has not responded to any of our attempts to contact them and we still do not know who they are. I encourage them and anyone else who has any issue with their order to contact me. I can't claim that we are perfect, but if we make some type of error, we will resolve it

Alex
CCGArmory.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Chiu
United States
Glendale
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
ccgarmory wrote:
Thanks to all who have shared their positive experiences. I will point out that the person who made the original post has not responded to any of our attempts to contact them and we still do not know who they are. I encourage them and anyone else who has any issue with their order to contact me. I can't claim that we are perfect, but if we make some type of error, we will resolve it

Alex
CCGArmory.com

Due respect, but how often in the past few months have you specifically shipped three items to Australia? I'd imagine you could at least sort your past domestic orders from your international orders to narrow down the field of "possible suspects." Plus, it's only been about a day or so since the OP posted the thread...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CCG Armory
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Actually we ship to Australia every day. Or at least several times a week. It is one of our biggest international shipping countries

The issue presented sounds very easy to fix. It would be no problem at all to issue the shipping refund if they will contact us.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ccgarmory wrote:
If any customers contacts us and let us know that they have an issue we will take care of it.
CCGArmory.com

But only if they publicly complain?

battlestar6 wrote:

I sent them an email asking for a refund on the overcharge, no response. Sent a follow up, no response. Sent another follow up no response (it's been 3 weeks).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CCG Armory
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Not knowing who this person is, I can't comment on their situation. I can only assure them or anyone else that if they contact us, we will resolve their issue.

Merry Christmas

Alex

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Daglish
United Kingdom
Cheadle
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought Warriors of God from CCG, as it was cheaper than elsewhere, apparently mispriced online at 20-something. It arrived in a few days, and there was no international post cost. It seems they just charged my card with the sticker price [still attached]. which was $17.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.