Popular Tags: [View All]
Jesse Olivier
Canada
Abbotsford
bc
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hey all. after reading the rules, and trying to play a game, i was left with some questions.

1. how does the castle actions work?
if you put a knight on one of the castle places, you get the bonus just that one time?

do you build the tile then?
how do the tiles work? the produce the bonus every turn?

2. how does the final scoring work with the nobels? Is it like saint petersburg where you only count the nobles that are different? can you even take nobles you already have?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus A.
Germany
Bochum
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have put a knight in your castle, it produces the bonus as soon as the castles are scored. Castle-tiles are scored from left to right. You get the bonus just this one time. After that, your knight goes back to your personal stock (just like after scoring counties).

No, you do not build the tile. You get one tile at the start of the game for free. You get more tiles from one (or two) county-actions (you need to control the county when countys are scored) or special laws. You then get the bonus every time the castle is scored but can't place a knight there anymore (why should you?).

You can not take any noble you already possess (IIRC), so yes, only different nobles count.

Hope that helps.

(I don't have the rules with me right now, so I hope everything is correct. Please someone correct me, if not!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Schuster
Germany
Bretten
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thorin2001 wrote:
Castle-tiles are scored from left to right.

I think this is wrong. You are free to resolve your castle tiles in whatever order.

I remember this because I explained that to every player that was new to the game. And then all players did not remember the rule until they wanted to turn squires they just attained to a new knight or a knight upgrade. And then they checked back the rule that they are allowed to resolve their tiles as they please.

We were even making fun of that rule at times, because everybody asked that question sooner or later and I had to clarify for each player again
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus A.
Germany
Bochum
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Umbratus wrote:
I think this is wrong. You are free to resolve your castle tiles in whatever order.

You are absolutely right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Babis Tsimoris
Greece
Salonica
flag msg tools
Be the Miracle!
badge
There is no knowledge that is not power
mbmbmbmbmb
when you get the extension tiles , do you get them randomly or do you choose what tile to take? Are you sure nobles of one type are only allowed to be taken?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Christiansen
United States
Mount Pleasant
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
OOK! OOK! OOK!
mbmbmbmbmb
You can choose the castle extension you want.

You are DEFINATELY only allowed one of a given lettered noble.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.