Adrian Hague
United Kingdom
Bristol
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
RAWKET LAWNCHA!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Does the yellow star on the science sites of the expanded map mean something in game-terms (like x2 VP or something)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunther Schmidl
Austria
Linz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
It's explained in the latest rules:

Rulebook wrote:
The heroism star is found in the Glory Arena of recent edition maps. If you feel that you have accomplished something heroic, you may call for a vote on that turn. If the majority of players agree that you have earned it, place a cube on this star, worth 3 VP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Caminha
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
badge
And so it begins...
mb
Yes, they are Interstellar Science Sites. If you claim them, they are worth 10 VP each (+1 for the claim disk itself) and it is another game end condition: the game is over at the end of the round if there are two such sites claimed. There is a footnote in the expanded map the explains these interetellar science sites.

EDIT: oops, I don't have the latest expanded map and thus haven't ssen the heroism feature; I though he was referring to the interstellar science sites. My bad blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Hague
United Kingdom
Bristol
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
RAWKET LAWNCHA!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent. Cheers for the speedy replies chaps!

Edit: Nuts. If only I just read the left hand edge of the map!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Tannhauser
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
YOU ARE LIKELY TO BE EATEN BY A
badge
ɥɔʇıןƃ ʎʇıןɐǝɹ
mbmbmbmbmb
Rulebook wrote:
The heroism star is found in the Glory Arena of recent edition maps. If you feel that you have accomplished something heroic, you may call for a vote on that turn. If the majority of players agree that you have earned it, place a cube on this star, worth 3 VP.

After a particulary luckless and grueling game, I burned in a 14-mass Mars mission with crew. Horrified, I turned away from the map and screamed silently. When I turned back, someone had already placed one of my markers on the Heroism star.

And then again, in another game, after I lost my third crew in a row to a solar flare on approach to Mercury.

We have found the voting part unnecessary. Everyone just knows.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Hague
United Kingdom
Bristol
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
RAWKET LAWNCHA!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
wykthor wrote:
Yes, they are Interstellar Science Sites. If you claim them, they are worth 10 VP each (+1 for the claim disk itself) and it is another game end condition: the game is over at the end of the round if there are two such sites claimed. There is a footnote in the expanded map the explains these interetellar science sites.

EDIT: oops, I don't have the latest expanded map and thus haven't ssen the heroism feature; I though he was referring to the interstellar science sites. My bad blush

Even more confusing is the fact I was referring to interstellar science sites!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Caminha
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
badge
And so it begins...
mb
Shame on me, then. I will remove the strikethrough I put in the first answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.