Subject: [Hey MMB!] My 2011 and 2012 reading rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
howl hollow howl
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
After somehow managing to read 24 books in 2010, I miraculously reached my goal of 32 books in 2011 in the final hours of the solstice; you can read all about it at my blog. You may recall that last year I held a contest for selecting a reading category; MMB's "Jane Austen universe" was not just the winner of the contest, but also ended up being my favorite category of the year and provided my favorite single title. Thanks again, MMB!

I didn't hold a contest this year because I already had a long list of categories I wanted to tackle, but I will probably be bugging y'all again next fall. In the meantime, here's what I'll be taking on in 2012.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You're welcome!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Which was your favorite title? I can't tell from your blog.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
howl hollow howl
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Whoops, the 2011 link above should have been to my end-of-year recap.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, if you are continuing in the Jane Austen universe, I will suggest Austenland by Shannon Hale. It is more about rabid Austen fans than Austen herself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
howl hollow howl
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
MMB, from my 2012 post linked above:

Quote:
Northanger Abbey – Continuing the Jane Austen theme, I hope to tackle each of her novels one-a-year. The category will include books that provide background information, inspired, were inspired by, or otherwise were an explicit homage to the Austen novel. Unlike last year, I do plan on actually reading the Austen itself this time!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.