Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Côté
Canada
montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How it is in solo?. I mean, AI work well or you have to take few decision in his place. ?

THK

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Racer
United States
Urbandale
Iowa
flag msg tools
Specialized Extracurricular Execution Squad
badge
We are living our lives... Abound with so much information... Come on, let go of the remote,
mbmbmbmbmb
rcote78 wrote:
How it is in solo?. I mean, AI work well or you have to take few decision in his place. ?

THK

Well, you use "Intel Cards" to determine which enemy units move. From the rules ...

Boots on the Ground Rules wrote:
These cards control movement, action, and placement of Insurgent forces. Cards give the right for more Insurgents to be placed, for multiple units to move, even allow an Insurgent unit to use demo, HWE, or sniper abilities for a time or until game end (or unit elimination). Game Concept: When moving and firing with Insurgents, it should always be with the idea of the Insurgents getting the best shot possible. If the Insurgent can get a back shot, he should; if he can get a side shot, he should; and on any shot the Insurgent should get as close as possible. When adding Insurgents to buildings they populate at windows (blue marked squares) and doors (brown marked squares) facing the closest Allied units in line of sight and in range.

As you can see, other than the concept of closest, determining who they attack is up to you. Here is my basic idea of a script from another post.

Re: Starting up 1st game.. Building 26

It really isn't much different than what is in the rules, just a bit more formalized so I don't feel like I'm playing the insurgents. Also, if I recall correctly, if your soldiers are grouped, then the whole group is considered "closest" and you could cherry-pick the best target, whereas I play it as proximity of the individual counters. Partly because I'm of the opinion that "insurgents" aren't as well trained as typical soldier and if I, as an non-professional soldier, turned a corner and saw two armed men - one facing me and one with his back to me, I'd shoot the one facing me as he is more of the perceived threat (even if tactically he isn't the best choice).

- edit: To answer your question, I like it just fine solo. While it isn't perfect, I'd buy it again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tanks Alot
United States
Fort Mill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
go2 Youtube Historical Gaming
mbmbmbmbmb
I love this game solo... but sometimes it difficult to interpret the rules as the last poster said, but it is definitely a great game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Côté
Canada
montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok thank you. I take a chance (19.99$ at coolstuff) Think is not a big deception if i dont like the AI.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Racer
United States
Urbandale
Iowa
flag msg tools
Specialized Extracurricular Execution Squad
badge
We are living our lives... Abound with so much information... Come on, let go of the remote,
mbmbmbmbmb
At $19.99 its a great deal, possibly Hot Deal forum worth. You should be aware you may need to do a little surgery though.

Worthington's Suggested Fix For The Discolored Coutners

I did this myself and it was a simple fix.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
eracer68 wrote:
At $19.99 its a great deal, possibly Hot Deal forum worth. You should be aware you may need to do a little surgery though.

Worthington's Suggested Fix For The Discolored Coutners

I did this myself and it was a simple fix.

Less than 20 bucks for sure. more, its not worth it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.