Defenders of the Realm» Forums » General

Subject: Any idea to modify the overpowered Sorcerer rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Leung Ching Man
Hong Kong
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
As you all know, sorcerer may be too powerful for her excellent abitilies, do you have any idea to lower her power?

For example, decrease her action points from 6 to 5. Actually, I always don't understand why sorcerer and cleric both have 6 action points?

Actually, Rogue has 6 action points is a sensible case to her flexibility, but why the 6 points to sorcerer and cleric?

Besides, what do you think the action point equal to life token? I think it may be reasonable if they can be separated into 2 tokens because dwarf and paladin have more life token than other character. However, this case cannot signify the strength of them if the action point and life point represented as the same token. (they have less life tokens to anothers)

P.S. I like DofR very much but want to know another players' ideas, thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you think she's too powerful, you could remove her +1 against Generals.

Character abilities fall into four basic categories:

1. Minion killers
2. General killers
3. Card drawing/manipulation
4. Movement

Since the Sorcerer has abilities in both of the "killer" categories, she seems very powerful indeed. However, don't discount the benefit of the other two categories. For example, the Wizard has abilities in categories 1, 3 and 4. Many players feel he is the most powerful character.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.