Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hidden Among the Leaves
Greece
Heraklion
Crete
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Being a grognard for over 15 years, I have never played any game/simulation having to do with war at sea. But this system looks very interesting for many reasons: I love dreadnoughts. They look so definetely sexy Furthermore, Great War at Sea in Mediterranean Sea reminds me of the stories of my great grandfathers, about "dreadnought Averof and the valiant struggle of liberation against Turkey". So I think I will purchase it, even if I will play it solely solo.

Any advice, hints or tips?Should I buy also the module Dreadnought? I read in many instances that it adds lots of tactical depth.

M.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Truesdell
United States
Uniontown
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Considering your background, I would consider this game a must have if you are interested in the subject at all. Since most of the scenarios are small, dreadnought would be a good buy. Solo is doable (somewhat), just requires some preparation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hidden Among the Leaves
Greece
Heraklion
Crete
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thank you very much! What do you mean by "just requires preparation"?

M.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Truesdell
United States
Uniontown
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You have to design a method/system to move the ships to their missions as if they don't know where the enemy ships are. For some scenarios, you can probably skip to the tactical battle which can played solo much more easily.

This may help..
http://www.avalanchepress.com/SolitaireGWAS.php

http://www.avalanchepress.com/SolitaireSWWAS.php
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.